Idea for legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by UniXelation, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Has anyone ever thought of using the power of the internet, and even spreading it to the media so they report on it, to create a massive movement on a single day or week for legalization. This would build up over a year or so, maybe more.

What I'm talking about is, gathering hundreds of thousands of people together in all the big cities around the United States to sign a petition to the federal gov't about the bullshit marijuana prohibition.

If hundreds of thousands of people got together, then the individuals among the croud who would usually be afriad to voice their opinion against the federal gov't would have nothing to hide from.

I cant really get into specifics, there would have to be a whole organization put together just for this one movement, and they would figure that out.

What do you guys think about a mass marijuana march/petition signing? Maybe we just dont care enough to legalize it, and do what needs to be done to make it happen NOW.

Almost every person on here that I see posting thinks legalization wont happen in our lifetime. That's the wrong god damn attitude! Nothing is gonna get done if you sit there and say oh well nothing is gonna happen and you just sit there. Imagine if every single pot smoker said it's going to happen soon, and I'm gonna do something about it!

LETS BE MORE OPTIMISTIC PEOPLE COME ON. LETS GET THIS SHIT GOING!

2. I think thats a great idea +rep for that, and forsure us as GC members should get ontop of this, because as members clearly the legalization would be benneficial. Let's do it!

3. oops....i posted this in the wrong forum, oh well, close enough. mod go ahead and move it to Legalization and Activism if you'd like.

4. People should start with decriminalizing it first. And no it's not the same thing as legalizing it. If it were legal it would be a taxable product you could buy in stores, if it were decriminalized however it would be taken off of the DEA's narcotics list and it wouldn't be a federal issue anymore. Which would mean that growing/smoking would be less of a problem because it would carry far less damaging consequences.

5. id rather just see it decriminalized than legalized personally

6. i want legalized so i can grow freely