Idea for Kids TV Show

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by spillee86, Nov 14, 2012.

1. So me and my friend got really high a while back, and devised a whole idea for a kids TV show. We thought we'd make it really traditional, like all the characters are little wooden characters and it's all filmed like Noddy or something.

Anyway they all live in this free loving universe set on a giant hot air balloon, way away from the cruelties of 'The Real World' beneath them. They dress in brightly coloured clothes, currency doesn't exist as they all progress through life by helping one another out in their own trades, and they travel around on bicycles because it's eco-friendly.

In one episode the protagonist guy has to travel down to The Real World, and it's just full of robots walking around in suits. All rushing about and bumping into him and getting all stressed out and blowing up. It's really noisy and distressing and the protagonist tries to teach them to CALM THE FUCK DOWN. He manages to deprogram one of the robots who travels back to the Hot Air Balloon Universe with him and learns to live more freely.

Thinking of doing like 10 minute episodes on YouTube or something. Just need someone good enough to do the design and filming haha.

Would you guys let your kids watch this shit?

2. I don't have kids, but I would watch this if I was baked out of my mind.

Add some violence, a moral dilemma, and some nudity and I'll be happy.

3. We thought we'd make it so that it's giving a good message to kids, but works on a whole other level for the stoner world to watch as well.

4. Haha! I like it. Just ask yourself though, will you be happy having children as your critics?

5. Yeaaaah. They'll watch any old shit.

6. Make it a movie

7. well you have one episode planned but what exactly is the premise

ps i dig it

8. Second. This actually sounds like an exciting project, I'll definitely would tune it.

9. WELL - like I say we were pretty fucked at the time haha. Just sitting in the woods scribbling notes away on a scrunched up receipt. But the idea is to teach kids that money isn't everything. To teach them decent morals and to praise things not considered 'academic', such as playing instruments or being a good swimmer or I dunno... shit like that. I know stuff like that has been done but nobody really focuses on the evil corporate side of stuff that we all grew up with. Shit like, Pokemon cards and that. Was fun but we didn't really realise HOW expensive all that was. It was all just marketed to get money out of kids, and we want to show them that the better things in life come from helping one another out, doing what YOU want to do and getting to live a life that isn't controlled by an overruling powers. So in this world there's no government, no police etc. because they're unneeded in such an environment.

We wanted to make it low budget to support the idea that money isn't important and to give it a more authentic, natural feel. Only issue is, it's all well and good having this idea, but no idea how to even start up the project.

My friend's amazing at writing music, and I'm not too shabby at writing scripts. But in terms of the physical creation we sorta hit a hurdle. Sucks really because I really like the idea.

10. Make it surrealistic, have an dark undertone and add subliminal messages about the 70's and marijuana and i'd be hooked