Idea for hanging a flood lamp?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mardanlin, Oct 21, 2009.

1. The hole on my fixture is in a weird location. If I were to just put something through the hole, the lamp would tilt almost sideways. Right now, I have a close hanger pulled around over the face of it so that it hangs even, but it looks really ghetto.

Here is a picture of what it looks like:
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2923/exampleha.png

Got any good ideas for how to hang this up?

2. I don't know why you are wasting your time growing weed, if i were you, i'd stick to drawing and become an artist, lol, only j/k.

If i were you, i'd first make a shade/reflector, then remove the ceramic E40 lamp holder from the flood light. Get a 3 core cable, and join/connect one end of the cable to those wires that you disconnected from the ceramic lamp holder, and the other end to the ceramic lamp holder. You will be able to manage the reflector easier and also have a remote ballast which you can keep outside your growroom.
    I did this with 4x 250w MH bay lights. I even used the actual dimpled reflective aluminium that was in the flood light casing. All i had to buy was the cable and the IEC male and female kettle plugs.
    P.S, the earth should be connected to the shade/reflector.

3. I already have it wired up, so I should just remove the housing fixture from it and just use the reflector and the bulb? I thought about doing that too. How close can the bulb be to the plants without burning them? I'm thinking of building a self contained growbox for my next grow.

I'm going to be modeling it out of one of those hydroponic zipper rooms but it will probably be made out of wood. I might use plexiglass if I can get some for free, but I'm not sure about that.

4. You haven't said what wattage of lamp or what kind of lamp you have. But heres a guide:
    View attachment 181159