idea for DIY "Clone Box"

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by venumus, Oct 7, 2007.

1. so i've started buying my equipment for my first closet grow, done some stuff in pots out side kids stuff but im tryin to do something a little more professional. rigth now i have 250 hps, decent soil, good organic fert. im stickin with soil right now cause i know how to work with it. i may switch to hydro but most likely dwc. any way beside the point

i have a 400w hps on the way. i plan on SCrogin. so i was couple questions and ideas i wanna run you guys cause i gots no friends that grow....but i have people.

so start it of. should i use the 400w as its own chamber? and use the 250 for cloning?? or incorporate them into one? or should i have two separate and use cfl's to clone?

2. thoughts on CO2 in SCrog? under/above the canopy, conflicts with exhaust?

3. and to for every successful screen of green farm you need good clones stock. so how i go about making a diy clone machine for lack of a better word? i was thinking a tray with dwc style pumps and stones? does anyone have any plans already?

2. If this is your first inside grow... keep it simple....just the basics...NO Co2.
    I would use all your lights for the flowering, and just use flourescents for vegging. For cloning all you need is a dome and some peat moss pellets. Soak the pellets, put your clones in and water daily by soaking the plants in the pellets lightly from the bottom. Keep the humidity cover on it for 3 or 4 days, and in 10 to 14 days you will have rooted clones!

3. sweet! thanks!

yeah im not gonna do Co2 for a few months at least. im just tryin to get the ideas flowin