Idea for a website

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Tokin'Tiger, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Hey GC,

I was just sitting here thinking :smoking:, and a thought came to me about creating a website where people can trade their seeds. For example, I just grew out a couple masterlow plants for seeds and ended up with over 200 of them. I was thinking that on the website for example my post- I would write have "I have masterlow seeds looking for white widow"- just an example I know white widow is primo. And then people could trade. And maybe even have a feedback system for people.

Let me know what you guys think, or if there is a website like this already:eek:

Thanks everyone

2. yup that would b cool.....nd ppl wud b able to sell them too not bad of a idea.

3. Yeah it would be pretty sketchy at first until people started to get rep.

4. I'd help you with graphics if you needed them :)

5. sierously that would be cool. would let poeple experment with breedng a little bit more

6. Thanks for the responses!

MkZ- Yeah, I was thinking about whether or not to let people sell, but I guess people would probably do it anyway. heh. :rolleyes:

FeelinMyself420- That's true. I was thinking for the first little while before the rep, is to have people use their username from sites such as GC so people can know who they are and to trust them or not.

Aaronl8n- That'd be awesome :) I'll be sure to let you know when/if this idea takes off. Thanks!

venumus- That's a good point about the breeding.

I'm gonna do some more research on this and then I'll see what happens. Thanks for the input everyone.:smoke:

7. Call it..

SeedBay

8. ahh, so a site like it already exists. That's cool. It was just an idea. Thanks for letting me know.

9. No, it doesnt exist as far as I know.

I was just pitching you a name to use.

10. i remember reading of a site that does that specifically for medical use beans, but can't remember it's name

a few of us working on a totally reworked from the ground up replacement for wikistrains.com were actually thinking about something similar... having our sponsor distribute member seeds as freebies for purchases and/or to people who win site competitions, but the flipside is that such activities are EXTREMELY risky!

you can bet a nickel that the feds would be all over such a site if it were based in the US. shit, they already have their foot way up CANADA'S ass

it would really be a risky situation. before you did it, get a lawyer and consider moving to a state with med-use laws or even better, a country that's more weed friendly like the netherlands.

as an alternative to handling seeds, another idea we came up with is trading POLLEN. as far as i know, that isn't a controlled substance as you can't actually grow weed from it. that might be safer.

if you could find a way to SAFELY offer trades, that would be cool and i'd love to see it. i'd donate seeds myself (annonymously) to the cause, but wouldn't put my address anywhere in the site to get seeds back in fear of feds raiding the site and siezing it's records like they ILLEGALLY did to canadian citizen marc emory already.

that, and the site would be a magnet for bogus traders that wear badges. i've had a few really sketchy noobs here ask me more bean hookups (totally again site rules BTW... don't do it here) here in PMs.

remember folks, no place on the internet is truly a safe haven for weed activities. if you can get into a site, so can officer friendly.

if you can get the site done, more power to ya, but make sure you've totally scoped it first and BE SAFE!

11. I'd go to it if it came around. I've got some beans I'd like to swap. Some Dj Short's BlueBerry and a couple StrawBerry Cough.

12. plus itll help people like me, that are after a certain strain that is no longer available, or just hard to find, ie spice brothers green giant feminized... as im sure there must be people with these still, lol

13. Yes, it does indeed exist, I'd link to it, but I know better ;)

14. Thank you everyone (especially pokernaut!) for their input. If there is any risk to it, then it probably wouldn't be worth it for me, but who knows maybe I'll do it sometime.

Thanks again everyone

15. great idea.

im done to trough down money for a server.

16. if we really wanted to we could make a cheep one (server that is)

17. I can recommend Dreamhost, massive storage space, massive bandwidth for something like $120 per year (including one free domain). I signed up back in May for a few sites I'm hosting and so far I'm loving them... I found a 50% off promo code 'CHEEP' so the first year is even cheaper!

18. yes, there are surely people that have all the cool extinct strains. i have spice brothers' C99 splash & (A11g X lien huanh) X A11g myself. i can't even find any INFO on the A11g anymore so i know how long it needs to flower. i'll have the only smoke report for that in the entire world, at least as far as google knows of anyways.

it's a shame that alot of great strains disappear. i'm sure alot of people wish they could get pure columbian gold, panama red, oaxican & thai and i always had my eye on spice brothers' lien huanh.

sadly, i read somewhere that spice brothers' seeds aren't considered to be the best. i'm hoping my C99 splashes are close enough to pure cindy as the product description claimed. i went with that just for an tiny extra boost of trippy pure sativa.