Idea for a modified hempy bucket

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Inspiration420, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Last night I got an idea for a simple modified hempy bucket. I want to stay away from any kind of pumps and have a simple hydroponic grow. So instead of using airstones as some people do to promote better growth, I was thinking of using a mesh grow bag. I was thinking what if I drilled a lot of decent-sized holes in a bucket 2 inches and up. You would still have a reservoir at the bottom of the bucket just like a hempy but with a lot more holes. This is where the a mesh grow bag comes into play. Put it into the bucket and fill it up with perlite and vermiculite or whatever you prefer for hempys. I'm thinking that this will add a lot of extra air to the root zone and promote growth just like airstones would. What do you guys think?

2. Why don't you want to use an air pump?

Just do coco then? (its hydroponic and you don't need a pump)
    or do DWC (all you need is a cheap $12 airpump from the pet store)

why do you need a bucket with holes in it?
    Is this not the same thing as just sitting your mesh grow bag in a shallow container of water???

sitting a mesh grow bag in a bucket with 2 inches of water in the bottom, and holes drilled the rest of the way up will add a lot of air?
    again... how is this different from just sitting a mesh grow bag in 2 inches of water?

o_O
    I'm probably not reading what your saying correctly
    best of luck.

3. Try it …. your idea ,,, go for it ..

4. [​IMG]
    look up : Bernard Kratky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratky_method I'm still experiementing at the Mo.

5. I just thought the bucket would be a good way to keep light off of the reservoir. If you just had a open container of water exposed to light it would grow algae.