Idea for a Homemade Bong - Ice Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Frax, May 29, 2010.

1. So one of my friends bought this large ice container that has moveable parts to create vacancies in the ice when you fill it with water and freeze it. The idea is to create a huge ice cube with an intricate custom path through it, and pour the alcohol through it. It looks cool, and the ice cools the drink nicely. I started thinking and decided it would make a cool "ice bong" too!

I tried looking for it on the internet, but the closest I could find was this:
    quirky | LugeCubes
    [​IMG]

As long as the bottom pathway through the ice is turned around to point up, and fits tight with the stem of your bowl, it seems like it would be really cool to smoke out of. Just add some water so that the smoke will have to go through it and it should work. I was thinking of buying that one or trying to make something like this myself if I can't convince my friend to give it to me, and just freeze my bowl into it to ensure a perfect fit like GonGs.

Why it would be cool:
    -would cool the smoke really nicely
    -can make twisty paths through the ice for the smoke to go through, would look really awesome
    -if it drops and breaks, just make another one
    -inexpensive
    -unique, and you can create custom paths

What does everyone think? Has anyone tried something like this before?

2. this is cool. i would use a ashcatcher before going into the ice

3. If you like your lungs, that's probably not a very good idea. It could potentially cause Legionnaires' Disease.

4. why? its frozen water, weed, and air....

5. Good call, I didn't even think about the ash potentially falling into it.

How so?

6. Legionnaires' Disease is an infection caused by contaminated water vapor entering your lungs. It can very easily cause pneumonia. Weed is far from perfectly sterile, and I personally would not want to take the chance no matter how small of a risk.

7. Only if the water is containing the bacteria, which it shouldn't unless you drink dirty ass water.

Also, the flame sterilizes the weed. The combustion temp kills off anything that may be lurking in your bud.

8. From Wiki:
    Over 90% of legionellosis cases are caused by Legionella pneumophila, a ubiquitous aquatic organism that thrives in temperatures between 25 and 45 C (77 and 113 F), with an optimum around 35 C (95 F).

Freezing the water would eliminate the chance of the bacteria doing any harm, no? It has the same chance to make you sick as a regular bong with ice does... I've been using my bong for 2 years with tap water and never had a problem...

9. #9 Uchi, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    I'm more specifically thinking about the lighter coming in contact with, and melting the ice/creating vapor that would be inhaled. Obviously not to those extreme temperatures, but an infection is still possible.

And a flame will not completely stop some bacteria from entering the water.

10. what about just putting some kind of bowl on top?

11. Okay, I began making my own from a plastic container I have and a piece of garden hose I cut. It's in the freezer now. In a few hours I'm going to try it out!

12. Plastic and rubber? Dude...