I'd like some assistance. - LED/Coco

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CheebaWeeba, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Hey folks,

So the time is coming closer until things are set up, and for my tent to go back into action.
    It's been a long time...maybe 6-7 years. I am rusty.

While being rusty...I'm also venturing into new territory...to a point.
    There will be HPS being replaced with LEDs (I'll leave discussion of this for another topic) which I still need to look into, and there's some new products I've picked up.

Basically, what I want to do is take inventory and see if anyone can weigh in, suggest anything I might be missing etc?

Preferably I'd like to speak to someone with some indoor and coco experience, and if you happen to have moved over to using LED boards as well that would be beneficial too - though to be honest I'm happy for any help that I can get.

So yeah, if anyone that wouldn't mind helping could put their hand up or follow the thread?
    I just want to make sure I go into this making sure I'm equipped.

Thanks.

2. I went from using purple LED lights to Quantum boards and from one grow to another I have seen at least 95% growth difference during flower and yield not too familiar with cocoa growing I'm a soil guy so leave that up to someone who is more capable of speaking on it

My quantum board is a 4 board unit
    By HLG
    HLG 550 V2 R Spec (Version 2, 120V Plug) Horticulture Lighting Group LED Grow Light | ETL Certified, Full-Spectrum, High-Efficiency, Veg Flower Bloom 480W Samsung LM301B + Radix 100ml

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have been growing in coco this season as a soil-less medium. Is that what you're interested in? Coco can also be used as a hydroponic medium, which I know nothing about.

If you're growing in coco as a soil-less medium, it's a little different from growing in soil in that you need to apply nutrients every time you water. I've been using A/B nutes formulated for coco from Advanced Nutrients -- which has been working fine, but from what I understand it's a pretty generic formula. I believe Botanicare has the exact same formula, others may too. I've been using a 'pH perfect' product, which automatically brings the pH to the right level (I think 6.2, but don't exactly remember atm) which makes growing a lot simpler. As I haven't harvested yet, I can't speak to how good it is for harvest, but I have been applying bloom boosters like Big Bud, Cha-Ching, and Flower Fuel, and so far, my plants are looking good. If there's a lack, it's terpenes. My wife says the plants stink: I can mildly smell them throughout the house, but it's definitely not pungent, even up close.

IMG_6278.jpg
    Counter clockwise from bottom left: Mystery plant with 1-2 weeks to go; Headband with 2-3 weeks to go; Sour Diesel with 3-4 weeks to go, and White Widow with 5-6 weeks to go.

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm growing in a 5x5 tent using one HLG 550 QB, which is a bit of a stretch since it's really designed for a 4x4 space. Seems to be working tho. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1

4. Thank you for getting back to me - you too, buster.
    I've actually got experience in coco, it's all I've ever used - but yeah figured if I was going to be asking some questions etc, it would be good if we shared that kind of perspective.

What I'm going to do, is kind of write up a list of the things that I have available to me and put that in here to see if there's anything need to build on.

There will also be some more space-based questions about the LEDs as soon as I remind myself what specific tent size I'm dealing with. I'll measure it.
    I'd used a 600w HPS before, but I've already been told that (while I had pretty good results back in the day) this was insufficient lighting to get best results for the space...so I guess I'll come back here with a bit more specificity.

Very nice results there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1