I'd like my wife to be my cornerman for once

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by GGrass, Dec 13, 2011.

1. I'm in the middle of a deal with a friend, that will seem sketchy to most normal people.

But it is what it is, and there's not much I can do to change the course of the deal. I just have to go through it until the end.

And the end I'm looking for is the full return of my investment plus some profit.

My friend assured me the success of this deal, and in about one month time, we will be laughing our way to the bank.

I believe my friend, and I've taken minimum legal precaution to prevent bad stuff from happening.

But I'd like my wife to support me for just once... not tell me everything that I've done wrong...

Sure I didn't do it according to the 'normal' business practice, and the deal was done with just a handshake, but sometimes that's how dudes do business.

With trust and a handshake.

It may be hard for someone who is pessimistic to believe, but for an optimist like me, it is a smooth deal, as far as I'm concerned...

Just wanted to rant about it, that's all.

2. what sort of deal if you don't mind me asking?

3. Used car business.

I'm not normally into used car business, but my friend is.

We bought a used car, and we're trying to sell it at higher price.

The car costed about 17,000 USD, of which I paid 13,000 USD, and my friend paid 4,000 USD.

My friend has been in this business for a long time, and he said this model of car can be sold at much higher price. At least 20,000 USD.

He has a shop where he can display the car, and he says he gets customers all the time, so it won't be long before the car sells.

And once it sells, we're gonna split the profit in half.

4. I've been hesitant to tell my wife about it, but I told her anyway.

I just wanted to hear her say,

"Don't worry honey, everything is going to be alright.'

But instead, I just get a reminder of how everything can go wrong.

Sigh...

5. #5 Santas Spy, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    I dont know man I'd like to be supportive but I'm kinda with your wife on this one. Used cars are a tough buisness here partially because alot of the people selling them are stupid enough to think they can charge more for the car used than it was new :/, and the owners usually dont keep up with the registration and taxes which the new owner often has to pay off when he/she purchases the vehicle thus increasing the total cost. At least these were the issues I encountered when I was looking for one. On the other hand if its a muscle car than you can get some big bucks cuz you can flip those for a fortune to some old farang that wants to relive his glory days. Hope it works though and I'd love to know the model.

6. maybe imr eally bad at numbers but it sounds like you can make about 7k?

and since u paid so much more why on earth would you split that evenly??

ya man i think i side with your wife, unless you can give me a rundown on the numbers and what you are thining you will make....cause IMO i dont see it making enough money for me to put up 13k.

but like i said im horrible with numbers, so let me know waht ur thinking

7. because his friend is selling it that's why even though ggrass paid more at first the profit is 50/50? Sounds like the friend might not have put down as much capital but he is doing most of the work to me.
    But (20k-17k)/2=1.5k
    I personally think it is a bit little for me to want to put 13k into it but hey, good luck man.

8. lol everyone is doing exactly what he hates his wifr doing :laughing:

9. I've been pillaged by those who I trust most, so your wife is right.

10. Very nice to meet another 'local'. ;-)

The car is Isuzu Hilander super platinum 4 doors.

2010 model, white. 2.5 liter diesel engine which is damn economical.

I've used it myself for 2 months and it averaged 12 km/liter.

I put down 400,000 and my friend put down 100,000.

Realistically we hope to sell it for at least 550,000.

And make 25,000 each.

And I already got to use it for 2 months during the flood.

11. ggrass, in this deal why were are you putting down over 3x as much money and only recieving 50% of the profits. Anyway, it seems for your investment your rate of return could have been more favorable for you.

Anyway thats all in the past and theres nothing you can do about it anymore.

I would discuss this situation again with your wife and ask her to be supportive, as at least once you sell the car you will be able to get your money back and make some profit.

12. Yea but do you see that your putting down more so if shit went south you would be out of more money than your friend. And also your money=your wife's money so of course she's concerned. Shows she's atleast concerned about your future together financially.

damn canada beat met to it.

13. Oooh not a bad deal at all. Wish I had the cash for it. :)