I'd heard it said that Walt Disney was bad, but I never knew how bad he really was...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Jun 1, 2012.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk0tw0P3894&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Donald Duck ... Nazi .. NWO .. Propaganda - YouTube[/ame]

:eek::bolt::cry:
    THIS was for KIDS?! :eek:

2. I admit it is kind of scary that he would make this but I did get a satirical viewpoint on it.
    I'm surprised that it was allowed to be made by Walt especially since during these times people viewed Germans as the scourge of the earth.

3. What is wrong with this exactly?

4. #4 Shipwreck, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
    Something about bullets in a kids show I guess.

Actually, my take on it was that since the whole episode was a dream by Donald, it was a typical American view of how Germans under Nazi rule lived their lives, full of anger, utmost loyalty to Hitler, and a people with nothing on their mind but the war.

Most people won't think that deep, especially children, so I suppose it was banned or never even shown.

I do understand the thought behind this cartoon, but it's message all but did was confuse.

5. I thought the ending was good the only real message was that in nazi germany you had no chooice but to do what you were told and worship hitler. And it shows that in america you have the choice weather to hate it or not

6. yeah that was pro american... anti nazi.

which is weird bc walt was an anti-semite

but i guess he had no choice to support germany

7. Eh? Never saw Tom and Jerry? Hurting each other is safe right? What about that Hunter and Rabbit? So safe also right?

8. Yeah.. I remember watching an old cartoon think it was disney.. but anyway this kid had a bb gun and was shooting at all these birds until finally he killed one and felt really terrible... I miss those old weird cartoons! Disney puts all kinds of subliminal shit in their cartoons! Sexual shit...

9. That was sarcasm.

Its clear that the basis of this topic is Donald Duck.

10. So making videos of Donald Duck creating missiles for Hitler to atack America is bad right? What about Donald Duck creating guns and bullets for Americans (English prisoners and criminals) to kill American Natives? That would be same bad right?

11. You sure are a sharp one, eh?

12. The original song was a greatest hit of musical comedians

spike jones and his city slickers. Then Disney used it for the cartoon

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrVqgarZ2FI]Spike Jones: Der Fuehrer's Face - YouTube[/ame]

13. In the 1920's, 30's and early 40's there was no television and many cartoons were shown alongside adult feature films. This was an example of a catoon mainly written for adults.

This cartoon was never taken as pro-nazi, nor was it intended to be, and I don't see how anybody would see it as anything but a scathing condemnation of the third reich, and their allies.

14. Putting cute cartoon characters in nazi uniforms. That's just wrong.

15. #15 sky dog, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    It actually won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short in 1943

And the song "Der Feuhrer's Face" was a big hit back then

I think the intent of this cartoon is pretty straightforward. Putting Donald Duck in a Nazi uniform is no more shocking than Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator or the Three Stooges in You Nazty Spy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. catchy song

17. The song, and images, portray the nazis as authoritarian, perverted, decadent scum. Listen to Spike Jones and his boys, and the Disney soundtrack with images, when they say/sing "Super-dooper men" - an insult to their pretensions of masculinity.:hello:

Spike Jones' original version, with the Bronx Cheer, was one of best comedy records of all time, IMHO.

18. This is how a lot of the world sees the US today.
    Not that different than the Nazi era Germany except the Jews have been replaced by Muslims.:)

19. QFT, great job Bush2/Obama!!!:hello: :rolleyes:

20. I liked the entire thing except the end. The ending basically just inverted the message and made it just as bad, though I do think they meant to use "America" as a symbol for freedom; it wasn't made clear that way and made it seem like worshiping our culture is best.