I'd Appreciate Some Help-Please Respond

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by David Nicholas, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Hello, I'm new to the forum...

I was hoping to get some help so I can begin growing my own ganga. All the guides everywhere seem to be so long and complex with different methods and variations, etc. If an experienced grower can offer me the easiest, simplest, way to grow indoor I would be truly grateful.

First off my growing space will be about a 10' by 10' area- in an unused bedroom, so space is not an issue.

Here are some of my questions-

What type of lamp should I use if I'm trying not to spend too much? And what size, watt, etc.?

What type of fertilizer do I need?

What type of soil and pot should i get?----Just basic questions..

If someone can give me the basics, and the time line of growing that would be awesome.

---Here's what I think I know

-I get seeds and put them in a wet paper towel overnight.

-Then I plant them in a cup of soil until it sprouts.-do I water every day? / how many times and how much?/ Am I using a light at this point yet?

-When it sprouts I transfer the plant to a pot.- How long do I keep the light on the plant at this stage daily- how much water, nutrients, etc?

-When the plant starts flowering am I to do anything differently?

Thanks

Thanks

2. How many plants are you trying to grow, and how much exactly are you wanting to spend?
    Try to find a hydroponics shop near you. They will have everything you need in one small place. You're going to need some soil that has no added fertilzer, and some organic fertilizer for after your plants are a month old. Something high in N for veg. Start in a plastic party cup, then move up to a 6 inch diameter pot, then up to a 3-5 gallon pot.

3. Thanks for the info dexorated.... I'd like to grow just a couple/few plants-only for me to smoke myself.

Are flouresent lights a huge step down from HPS lights because they seem much less costly. Are they ok to use for the whole growing cycle or will I be losing a lot of
    yield? Im 100% new to growing any type of plant so I'm pretty much clueless.

4. Answers in bold? hope it helped.. :smoking::smoking:

5. You should go over the stickies around here anyway...or use search

Most people use flourescents/CFLs if they are either tight on cash or tight on space. I personally fall under both categories :rolleyes: Arguably, flourescents will work fine throughout veg, and seedling should be put under them anyway, as opposed to a powerful HPS or MH. You say your using a 10 x 10 room, if your only growing for yourself you probably only need maybe 3-5 plants....hard to say. Regardless, that much space isnt required. If you have the money and proper ventilation go with the HPS for sure (for flowering). pretty good results can be reached with cheaper lighting though.

6. I do fine putting my seedlings straight under 24/0 mh (400w). I had seedlings also do fine growing under the intensity of a 300w UV bulb.

Don't bother with fluoro's they take way too long, and you will be disappointed with your yield.