Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Icey Bubbler?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bosstone, May 27, 2010.

1. I was just wondering...

If I had a bubbler (which I don't :mad: ) and I filled the water part with water and stuck it in the freezer, would it be the bubbler equivalent of an "ice catcher?"
    :smoke:

2. No, You'd probably have a broken bubbler, and glass shards throughout your freezer.

An ice catcher just involves holding ice in the bong, above the water, and below your mouth... not freezing the actual bong with water in it.

You might be able to get away with freezing the EMPTY bubbler, but if there is water in it, the water will expand and break the bubbler.

You could also use refrigerated water in it, or water that has been in the freezer for a while so that there are little pieces of ice in the water, and it's really cold.

3. As far as the exploding bubbler goes, I wouldn't fill the entire thing, just a bit.

I know how an ice catcher works. I was just thinking it would be like a jerry rigged equivalent.

4. THIS.. high school science ftw

5. hehe, I'm going to be a teacher in a couple years :)

6. Just putting a bit of water in would make it less likely to explode, but personally I wouldn't risk it. And yeah, it'd cool off the smoke more than using room-temp water, but you're best bet is to probably use really cold water with ice in it (what ever size ice pieces will fit).

Have fun :)