Icetohot's "Upgrade Grow" - 250 Watt HPS - FLOWERING DAY 1!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by icetohot, Feb 18, 2009.

1. #41 icetohot, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    3/24
    ----------------------------
    UPDATE
    "BS #2"
    DAY 073
    DAY 34 of Flower

"Lump"
    DAY 077
    DAY 30 of Flower
    Notes:

BS #2 and Lump have been growing for different amounts of time so I decided to denote both plants age. The trichomes on both plants are clear now but I think BS #2 will be ready in about 2 weeks. What do you think?

Pictures
    BS #2
    [​IMG]
    BS #2 Main Cola
    [​IMG]
    BS #2 Bud Shot
    [​IMG]
    Lump
    [​IMG]
    Lump Main Cola
    [​IMG]
    Lump Bud Shot
    [​IMG]
    Grow Box
    [​IMG]
    250w HPS Light / Cooltube
    [​IMG]

2. #42 BornThelemite, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    If worried bout ur IP address? download UltraSurf 9.3 [free] and u can tunnel through anywhere without them knowing ur IP. Also, come on you guy's...time to think bout your carbon footprints and become part of the growing revolution using dedicated CFL's - low heat, low energy, low carbon footprint, excellent results. companies include Envirolite/PowerPlant/Eco-Lights. get them in red/blue/purple. go sus em out. £20 for 125 watt and invest in a dedicated CFL reflector like SunMate that has high output levels. :D:D

3. Dedicated CFL reflector (all they do is reflect lumens from the bulb) is not going "output" any more light. Light comes from the electricity used to power your "dedicated CFLs" (which are regular CFLs only bigger). HPS lamps put out more lumens per watt than CFLs. Also, HPS is HID light which is more penetrating for thicker buds.

So how will getting less lumens per watt with CFLs (and more heat versus my cooltubed HPS) end up giving me better results, a low carbon footprint (wtf?), use less energy, and be less heat?

4. Can't wait till harvest! How much longer?

5. It's all good, I checked out your seedlings and there looking pretty good. I then thought you and Duckyx were one of the same which confused me. You should make your own thread rather than post your grow on others grow journals.

6. I'm thinking a week or two on BS #2 and two or three more on Lump. I'll be going by trichomes 20% or 30% amber when I harvest. Also I have been flushing BS 2 for the past week with root beer extract to give it flavor.

7. 4/3
    UPDATE!
    "BS #2"
    DAY 083
    DAY 44 of Flower

"Lump"
    DAY 087
    DAY 40 of Flower
    Notes:

I have been flushing BS 2 with root beer extract as its almost near completion. I believe Lump may have had a calcium deficiency but I haven't really been doing anything about it considering its only 2-3 weeks away. Also I upgraded my cool tube exhaust to a 6" duct fan with 250 CFM, it's dropped my temps about 6-10 degrees and there is some pretty good airflow in there now. Me and "Badger" are getting ready for our next grow with some bagseeds in a new clone area type box.

Pictures
    BS #2
    [​IMG]

BS #2 Main Cola
    [​IMG]
    BS #2 Bud Shot
    [​IMG]

Lump
    [​IMG]
    Lump Main Cola
    [​IMG]
    Lump Bud Shot
    [​IMG]

8. lookin great man! those things are covered in trichs!! should have a nice harvest

9. 4/8
    UPDATE!
    "BS #2"
    DAY 088
    DAY 49 (End of Week 7!) of Flower
    ONE WEEK TO CHOP

"Lump"
    DAY 092
    DAY 45 of Flower
    Two Weeks to Chop
    Notes:

BS 2's still looking good, last watering I gave it a 8 gallon flush + 1/2 gallon distilled water. I'm still not seeing many amber trichomes on it so I'm going to wait another week and chop it. Probably another distilled water watering in another day let it dry out good give it a strong watering with vanilla, root beer or lemon extract, wait a day and chop it.

"Lump" is not looking to good. The big leaves have been discoloring, drying up and dying and the small leaves are starting to dry up now too. Also the plant has generally been droopy for the past 2 weeks and I don't think its over/underwatering. I've been mainly flushing it but I think a Potassium deficiency developed and it's growth has been stunted. I watered it with 2 tsp of Tiger Bloom to give it some Potassium. This is going to delay harvest for probably another 2 weeks as I want it to be fully flushed of nutes before chop.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Pictures:

BS #2
    [​IMG]
    BS2 Main Cola
    [​IMG]
    BS2 Bud Shot
    [​IMG]
    BS2 Bud Shot 2
    [​IMG]
    "Lump"
    [​IMG]
    Lump Main Cola
    [​IMG]
    Lump Main Cola Closeup
    [​IMG]

10. Both have been chopped and trimmed and are now drying. Harvest pics and wet weight soon.

11. Harvest thread is up - GO THERE!. You can find it in Harvesting and Processing called "First Grow Bagseed Harvest".

Wet Weight of BS #2 - 115 grams

Enjoy! :)

12. Congrats on the chop man:yay: Looks great + rep

13. cool thread shows what a 250 watter and a little know-how can do. NICE!

14. #55 verdethumb, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    Congrats on the budage brotha~! Except for those seeds...When you see those balls move them out of the area or you have hidden seeds.

15. That is some dense sticky looking buddage my friend. congrats.

16. Very nice flowers in here. :smoke:

17. Did you top the BS at all?

18. Nope, didn't top any of them. Haven't updated / posted here in awhile but another harvest will be underway soon!