Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ice without a ice catcher

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Callmelife, Jun 22, 2010.

1. I have a reasonable size bong but it doesnt have ice catchers, so i was wondering. Can you just put ice in it slowly so it doesnt break any part of the downstem and then just hit like usual?

2. I don't see why not. The only thing is that since you don't have an ice pinch, the ice is just going to be floating in the water, so your smoke is just going to be diffusing through colder water rather than water then ice. Nothing wrong with colder water!:wave:

3. #4 B_herb420, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    Yeah, just be really careful. Using crushed ice is better for bongs with no ice catcher. Like slushy icy water. Real nice.

4. Tilt it on it's side with a slight downwards tilt, place the ice cubes into the mouthpiece and make sure they don't hit the downstem, if you have a removable downstem remove it.

5. if you have one of those snow cone makers just fill your bong with shaved ice
    :bongin:

6. #7 ehgonzo, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    you could make something to hold the ice
    off the top of my head:
    get a peice of plastic, cut it in a circle the so it will fit inside your bong.
    get two long pieces of string, tape them in an X across the bottom of the plastic circle. put the plastic piece inside the bong and poke it down until you have it where you want it. make sure there are air holes in the plastic so the smoke can pass through. then run the string from inside the bong up and over the edge, tape each of the four ends to the outside of the bong. it might not be pretty but it would work ;)

Attached Files:

7. make sure you fill it up with cold water and let a few ice cubes float in there and you got super chill smokee :smoking: