Ice storm in georgia

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Atlblazer, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Looking at local news websites, with live feeds from police and such.

8:39 p.m.: Some roads in Paulding County look like used car lots due to all the crashed cars, Deputy Ashley Henson with the sheriff's office said. “We're suggesting people walk to their houses in some locations where roads closed. It's a better alternative."

8:30 p.m.: From Gwinnett to DeKalb to Cobb and Cherokee, traffic is a mess all over. Many major highways are closed due to multiple wrecks, GDOT is reporting. Interstate ramps are also blocked.

8:05 p.m.: GDOT is reporting a 5-vehicle pileup on I-285 east between Chamblee-Tucker Road and I-85 south. All lanes are blocked until 8:25 p.m.

7:36 p.m.: More than 50 wrecks have been reported in the city of Alpharetta during the past three hours, a spokesman for the city said. “The city has experienced areas of icy patches on the roadways, primarlily on side streets and north of exit 8 on Ga. 400

7:26 p.m.: The number of crashes in Cherokee County has mounted. Police spokesman Lt. Jay Baker says 173 accidents have been reported since 4 p.m.

That is 1 county alone....1 county 173 acidents.

2. People are fucking idiots. In those pile-up's, it's probably a woman driver that is the cause of ALL of the cars piling up. They just don't understand that you can't go 50 mph in the fucking snow and then wonder why they were sliding everywhere and flipped.

3. its not snowing out, just freezing cold weather and rain dont mix.

and its georgia, one day its sunny, couple hours later there a fucking flood; this literally happened like twice this year or last year

fucking bi polar weather -______________-

4. Dude, im next to georgia (sc). I want some freakin snow bad!

5. dude fucking florida is around the 30s im freezing my ass off!

6. yea i was suppose to be at work at 6 am this morning but after reading this and realising my driveway is frozen over i said fuck it and went back to sleep.... not driving 45 mins in this weather in a beater car... i hate atlanta weather about 2 weeks ago it was fine at 5 am outside it felt decent and by the time noon came around it was FREEZING

7. snowed like a bitch today in cincinnati. i have a bunch of errands and shit to do, also. annoyed, i am.

8. I don't o to school but the schools in my area have been closed 5 out of tge last 9 days.

9. well thank god for global warming. "I think its to fucking cold my suggestion we hire people to stand on the corners and spray aresol cans to warm this bitch up."

-rip bill

10. wow...im REALLY gonna have to be THAT GUY?

11. its those hills,

i used to live in that exact area :rolleyes:

12. global warming just means extreme weather conditions

13. i dont wanna here shit about it being cold in florida. i live in Michigan and literally have to dig myself out of the snow everyday. put sweater on if its a little chilly

14. No one in GA can drive man, I heard that last night..100 wrecks in a single day. crazy