ice on top of soil???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Third Eye, Oct 13, 2011.

1. #1 The Third Eye, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    EDIT: I'm turning this thread into an experiment. i will try this technique with refigerated water, and ice cubes to lay on the soil for every watering. This should enhance the colors quite well before i harvest. This is my first grow by the way people and this experiment will be on my indica plant which will be the first to get harvested in a week or two. subscribe for results!

hey guys, i remember a thread a while back where people were talking about putting ice on top of their soil during the last few weeks of flowering to make the colors come out more. does anybody know anything about this or if it will work? i just did it the first time today after i flushed my plant.

EDIT: Before pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. not really sure but i would have to say that its worth trying.

EDIT: I dooo remember seeing that thread though. also on the cannablog it mentions that it DOES work. again ive never tried it and havent heard much info on the topic.

3. Yes, Ice and cold water 1 - 2 weeks before will cause your plants to smell up and the buds will really show color. They bud's color don't have to be purple either, they still show better color.

4. Have been wondering a lot about this myself. I have also read that stressing it with ice water not only will make colors pop and leaves purple up but also increases resin production.

5. haha, im gonna try this. I bet ill have strait purp with my plushberrys

6. I would love to get some Purple Pineberry and see how the ice would look on it considering it already has a ton of color.

7. Is this a result of the soil temperature dropping to a specific temp? Would one use PH adjusted ice cubes?

8. #8 The Third Eye, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    sweet, i didnt use cold water this time sadly but i will next watering. should i put the ice cubes on daily though or just every watering?? it only has maybe 3-5 more waterings left before i chop

9. do it instead of ur last two watterings right before the lights go off

10. i would think you would need to get those roots as cold as possible real quick during waterings. so if ya got 3-4 left then i would say thats enough to test it out and lets us know. and yes i would put ice down before every watering to really get those roots real cold then warm then cold, warm. i think thats ultimately the idea of this. with that said id also be worried they have a chance to hermie.

11. You should try to post some before and after pics so we can see how it goes.

12. i mean theres not much to it. ya just cover the top layer with ice and water it...

13. okay cool, im going to make this thread into an experiment then. ill post before and after pictures. subscribe if you want to see the results. i think i am going to get some refrigerated water and ice for every watering from here on out. I will water right before lights out on watering days. It is an indica too so im guessing that makes it more likely to have some cool looking color traits.

14. yea definately, sounds awesome. plus i would think indicas are more cold prone than sativas so if it doesnt prove to be bomb color and resin then hopefully it at least wont be ruined entire. ill be watchin'

15. subscribed

16. yey, I want to know this.

17. subbed for sure

18. I just chopped my a few PKs, dammit.
    Post pics!!!
    Post pics!!!
    Post pics!!!