Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ice in your bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by monkeyman3dee, Oct 1, 2009.

1. A few weeks ago me and my buds were tokin it up in my friends garage, and our dealer comes by to sell us brownies. He notices our iced out bong and tells us that the smoke freezes the cilia on your lungs or something when you put in your bong. This true?

2. No, The ice cools down the smoke ( still very hot from freshly combusting weed) and is in fact much easier on your lungs then straight smoke.

3. ^this^ not much more to be said

4. yeah i smoke with ice in my bong everytime and to be honest its not cold enough to freeze anything....

5. it's safest if they ice is actually sitting in the water. if it's not then the ice fumes do fuck with your lungs.

6. Now I've heard actually putting it in the water fucks your lungs. That's why they make bongs with chambers for ice. Putting ice in the water makes the water cold and makes the smoke colder then it should be. That's just what i've been told, personally I don't own a bong so I could be wrong.

7. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that ice cooled air from a bong is gonna freeze your cillia in your lungs, whether its in the water or not...if it could you know how cold your mouth and throat would get, cause remember the air is warming back up the second it gets past the ice and into your 96 Degree body, Ice in your bong makes it WAY WAY better for you NOT vice versa

8. So i guess breathing outside air in winter will kill you too, right? :rolleyes:

9. Lol exactly, not bashing the OP at all, just saying, No, ice in your bong is NOT bad for ya

10. No, however, smoking weed, with or without ice, temporarily paralyzes the cilia in your lungs, which really has no effect on you because its not paralyzed for a long enough time to do anything.

11. ice just cools it, in the water or not

12. Well its really just frost entering your lungs, but its not too bad if you do it rarly. It ALWAYS burns my lungs(ice, that is), and it doesnt without ice.
    The first thing wrong with that post is that the cilia is in your throat, not actually lining your lungs themselves. Your dealer is dumb.

13. ...Aparently its not obvious to everyone like I thought it would be...the air is ABOVE freezing tempratures...

14. You should probably get a new dealer as the one you have now is an ignoramus and has no business speaking.

15. Are you retarded? Ice fumes?

No putting ice in your bong is not going to do any harm to your body. Ice is just frozen water, and the smoke will not be cold enough to freeze the cilia in your lungs. Breathing in cold air in the winter does not do any harm to you. Your fine.

16. Actually smoking weed itself actually can temporary paralyze the cillia in your lungs...
    weather there is ice or not it doesn't matter... just the temperature of the smoke.

17. I wonder if i fill my bong up and put it in the fridge for a bit would work, as long as the water doesn't freeze and blow up glass

18. ok so have any of you ever been to the snow when you breath in cold air cold enough to freeze water? well its just like that not harmful to your lungs at all it just gives your throat a little tickle i find that it is more pleasurable to smoke out of a bong or vape out of a vapor bong that has ice in it. i just don't get that dry scratchy feeling.

19. You keep your fridge at freezing temps?

20. it's old and slow and does weird things.