Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ice in a bong

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ForumStoner, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I was just sitting here enjoying some lovely headband og and I got to thinking.. I've used ice in my bong before but never understood the importance of it :confused:

So I was wondering....what's the importance (if any)..of ice in a bong? :smoking:

2. im trying dry ice tomorrow

SHOULD BE FANTASTIC

3. Makes the smoke cooler so the hits aren't so harsh

4. Never done it, but it's for smoother hits I assume.

5. Your lungs gonna insta-freeze ahah.

6. Yep, the ice cools down the water which makes the hits much smoother.

7. Yeah for sure make the hits smoother :p

8. Hahaha stoner science man liquid nitrogen cooled bong hahah

9. Good if you wann a shatter your bong

10. you're just going to pass out. if you inhale dry ice, you're inhaling carbon dioxide and you'll pass out from the lack of oxygen.

11. If your bong has an ice catcher then the best way to do it would be to crush ice in with the bong water, and put more cubes in the catcher.

12. The smoke from this is thick and smooth easy inhale:D Just wanted to change it up with the ice

13. Better not. That can kill you.

This, just make sure your bong has an ice catcher (those little pegs on the inside of the tube, about 3/4ths of the way down). If you don't, pull the downstem out of your bong or else the falling ice cubes may smash the end of it off.

14. Yeah I would advise not to use ice if you don't have an ice catcher.

15. I thought it would give you some kind of brain freeze tbh.

16. Yeah my bongs have ice catchers :smoking:
    Bongs are my favorite way to smoke

17. A lot of my friends state that the ice absorbs the THC but I haven't heard any truth to it, so I just laugh when they shoot the shit.

But i prefer no ice, I like harsh bong tokes. I usually put ice in when I get a new bong because it feels so fresh.

- AC :bongin:

18. I think if that were true people wouldn't use water pipes considering the smoke is filtered through water anyways

19. ice is nice but i rarely bother using it, i use snow sometimes

20. Never thought of that. Thanks bro :)