Ice fishing

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Nice work!!!

2. Just hit Upper Red lake in northern MN, and had good table fare that night, me and my bro limited out on walleye 17-20"...but thats red lol! Seems like the farther north you go the better the fishing is! Ice fishing is so versatile and virtually anyone can do it! I know alot of us are broke half the time, but if you guys ever get a chance, rent an ice house. Any big lake in minnesota has numerous resorts where you can rent different size houses. Every resort owner will treat you as if you are there child (bringing you propane, bait, giving you the hot tips on what the fish are biting on, and sometimes food lol) Loooots of good deals now after the holidays, and its totally worth it! Most resorts dont mind if you smoke and drink in the shacks if your not messy about it. cripes, most guides up there smoke bud anyways. like said before mary jane is a fishermans best friend!

3. got 7 rainbow trouts this past weekend up here in Anchorage!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. [quote name='"sachidananda"']got 7 rainbow trouts this past weekend up here in Anchorage![/quote]

Did you get any pics? Sounds like you went to quite the spot!

5. unforunately no!

they were beautiful.

although, i will say, they were quite small. I'd say all 7 probably weighed around 4.5-5 pounds. it was enough for three dinners for my wife and i (with vegetables, of course).

not too bad for my first time ice fishing, though. i'm really fucking excited about it and want to go back to do it again. it was so neat to clean them and everything. one was literally still alive while i was cleaning it!!!

6. upload_2021-1-18_10-39-49.png

when you join a forum just to spam your socials...

FYI this isnt allowed on the forums pal.

nice trout,

• Agree Agree x 1