Ice Cream Coco Hempy Scrog grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by bmaster1964, Jan 22, 2013.

1. #21 bmeat, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    same here! how do you like the coir? how often do you have to feed?

i saw this "It's important to water with nutes every feeding, cause even tho it looks like soil grow it really is soiless and should be treated like hydro. When I first transplant, I water every day until the roots hit the rez. You can tell this because growth really takes off."

but i was wondering if i mixed compost with my coco, can i treat it like soil?

also what are the rocks at the bottem for?

2. Hey BYO :wave: good to see ya, welcome.

I had to re-evaluate my garden since I'm adding new strains, so I had to choose between the two ice cream phenos. The Sativa is definitely the keeper. Better yield, better smell and taste, better head effect. It's a no Brainer.

So, long story short, I pulled the indica clone and took some sativa cuttings, just before I flipped her. Love perpetual grows. I'm chopping a sativa today, as a matter of fact.

Attached Files:

3. #23 bmaster1964, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Hi bmeat, thanks for stopping by:wave:
    I love this stuff so far, the growth and health of my plants has been better than any other medium I've tried. I don't think that I'll go back to anything else.
    I feed every day until I move up to the 3 gal buckets, then once every two days. It really is hard to overwater, but use the half weight method and don't let the coco dry out.

I don't have any experience with compost amendments. AskEd's coco guide has been a lifesaver for me
    http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/620656-askeds-coco-guide.html

As for the rocks or perlite at the bottom of the cup allows the coco adequate drainage. The roots love the reservoir, but not if it's of a muddy soggy consistency.

4. Before I started using the screen I used to be able to rotate 4 plants in the flowering tent at one time. I have 2.5x5x5' of actual space, but am only able to utilize about 2.5x3.5' of space due to my 400hps. That means I can only have 3 plants at a time under screen.

So I sat and stared at my garden, had a couple bowls, thought for a while, had another bowl, then it hit me...

Individual screens for each plant. So that's what I did. I can hang them with wire until the plant grows into it, then it can support the screen itself.
    This way I can rotate the plants and make it easier for feeding and flushing.

I realize this isn't new, but I think it will really help distribute the light better.

Attached Files:

5. I noticed the first pistols develop at day 7. Pretty quick in my opinion.
    She standing at a height of 28" and very healthy. No signs of nute burn, deficiency or moisture problems whatsoever :D

At this stage I'm feeding her
    13ml each Canna coco a&b
    5ml calmag+
    10ml Fulvic acid
    6ml sweet
    Per 4 ltr tap water PhD to 5.8

I will now start to foliar spray twice a week with Fulvic acid now that there is flowering. This will increase flower sites

Attached Files:

6. Can u explain the fulvic acid a little more. How does it increase bud sites? Good job by the way ur lady looks beautiful and very healthy

7. Thanks bud

Fulvic acid works really well to assist in the uptake of nutrients in the roots and leaves. For a better explanation of benefits of Fulvic acid, check out this link.
    Fulvic Acid 5

8. Thanx man I appreciate it.

9. nice bushy plant good work

10. Chocolate Ice Cream cookies:p

After I finished trimming the plant I harvesred, I ended up with about 4 ozs of fresh sugar buds and close sugar trim which I made into cannabutter.

I ended up with 88 2" cookies. They were sooo good! The only problem is not eating too many. I finally found a great recipe. I wasted more than a few ozs trying to get it right:(
    They always tasted good, but no kick.

Attached Files:

11. Thanks bmeat

I have 1 1/2 weeks of stretch yet, could end up about 3' tall. I think there's still some good bush growth to go, it's hard to say since its the first time I fimmed this strain. I may have to thin it out a bit later, we'll see.

12. The indica ice cream stopped her stretch at 30 inches. shes in full flower, budding up nicely with short internodes. no sign of stress or deficiencies or any yellowing of lower leaves. as bushy as she is she seems to be getting enough light energy lower down in the plant for decent growth.

Attached Files:

13. how many weeks did she stretch for

14. this indica leaning pheno stretched for 2 weeks. Everything seems excelerated when using coco, from rooting to veg to starting flowering to end of stretch, so far, as compared to my previous grows with the same strain.

I suspect that my sativa leaning pheno will keep stretching for a full 3 weeks. thats why i have to scrog her. She's filling the screen pretty good already. I'll get a pic tomorrow when i feed her.

15. Looks GREAT! Beautiful bush ya got there

16. Thanks BYOweed, I appreciate it!

Here's a couple pics of my sativa Icecream. I'm trying something new to help with control and hopefully create bigger buds. I started Supercropping her.
    Typically this should be started in veg, but I'll do it till the end of stretch.
    I did a couple test bends and they healed quickly and showed no ill effects.
    I'll try not to go Supercropping crazy. :eek: lol

Attached Files:

17. I believe I've actually heard a repuatable blade say that the stretch is just as good a time as any (during veg) to supercrop.

Very nice flat canopy, she's gonna grow into a monster!

18. I've heard that as well, some do it well into flowering but I don't want her to waste too much energy repairing stems when she should be building buds. I'm really just trying to beef up the smaller stems, hopefully to get bigger tops.

I love experimenting :)

19. I have a perpetual grow and today I'm harvesting my La Confidential :p

LaCon doesn't have the biggest yields, but the quality sure makes up for it. Thats why I keep her in rotation. She usually yields about 2.5-3 ozs or better in the scrog setup. The nugs are so dense. After a good dry and cure, they're like little rocks.

I trimmed these before drying as they're so dense they take long enough to dry.

Thankfully, I can trim in my growroom 'cause this girl was Stinnnkkyy.:eek:
    Otherwise it would have stunk up the whole house. Very kushy aroma:smoking:

Attached Files:

20. Nice pull man, looks like some tasty smoke :smoking:

How many strains do you have growing currently?