Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ice Catcher, or is it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Monteepython, Jan 15, 2011.

1. My friend was in a bong shop one day and noted out loud his interest in the "ice catcher" a particular piece had.
    The employee over heard him say Ice catcher and asked what he meant.

He explained that the three pinches are for holding ice and a LOT of people believe that too.
    However the clerk told him how it was actually used to stop water from coming up the chamber.
    Im not asking if this is true or not, cause this depends on ones opinion.

However I just read the thread about hitting the bong smoother.

And if warmer water hits nicer, is it actually an ice catcher?
    or is it a water stopper.

What do you folk think?
    Don't tell me what it is or is not. I just want to hear some opinions.

2. water stopper= SPLASH GUARD

ice catch= exactly what your buddy was saying. I have one on my bong, use it frequently, and drastically helps cool down the hit. I'll stack up the ice and then pour water in the bong to make the water extra cold, too.

3. I know about the names dude.

also, I just read from that other thread that colder hits hurts the lungs eh....

i know people use it for ice, and other think its a splash guard...