Ice Bucket

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mysteltin, Apr 29, 2017.

1. I know some say no hps until flower but I feel like it's such a waste not to use the watts until then...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I only say not use to the HPS for right now. They are seedling, seedlings don't need much light. Just added heat and wasted watts(imo!). You can turn on later if you want, I would suggest getting a MH Bulb(if your unit accepts it and it's in the budget!) but if you want to use it wait till they are a bit bigger. Maybe a few more nodes.

Also do you plan to add more soil to them buckets? Seem pretty low.

3. Yes these plants have had a tough 10 days. They started in natures cure looked good didn't realize it was so awful. Only did that because foxfarm wasn't here yet. Once it got here it wasn't enough for pots. I figure once these guys grow for 3 weeks or so I'll put them in 3-4 gallon buckets with the soil needed only foxfarm now. Just started the newts now. First feeding did half what foxfarm says to do, using the trio they sell. Think I am going to veg these three longer than the feeding schedule though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is my first time growing also...that should be said haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. Re you growing in soil or nutrient rich water ? If water , I froze 6 2 liters and would drop 2 in at a time when my temps got high last summer that kept my water temp round 65 . Then I'd just rotate em out every few hours .

6. They are doing better now. Added more t8's getting more bulbs for them. What lumes should I get to complement the 150w hps

7. Do you have holes in the bottoms of your pails for water to drain out?

J

8. Yes. Soil has been going dry every three days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. A couple things...what is the humidity? 90s are not horrible for the plant if the humidity is also high. You could add a cheap humidifier.
    You say you are exhausting your tent to the outside. How about the garage itself, Is there anything plling out the hot air. In reality, you should be cooler than the outside. You are in the shade, as it were, being in the garage...but if heat is not allowed to escape its just a hot-box.
    Lastly, you said you have no intake...well...its on my intake that I utilize a cooler as an intake filter box. Took an ice-cooler I had and cut about an 11"x11" hole in the lid that i ducttape a 12"x12" A/C filter to.(change it out every grow) I then cut a 6" diameter hole in one side that snuggly slides over my intake pipe. Usually it is just used as a filter-box but there are days that I put two frozen 2 gallon jugs of water in there. They last a good part of a day. I am lucky and have a big freezer so I keep 4-6 of these 2 gallon jugs ready to switch in.. It actually works and knocks things down generally 6-10 degrees.
    image.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Amazing! This is the solution I was looking for, brilliant! Rh when it is 90 is in the high 60s low 70s

• Like Like x 1
  11. You should save the HPS for flowering, when you flip it to 12/12. Also look at some ideas for DIY AC units on Google. It kinda sucks but they work pretty well, especially in smaller areas (assuming it's a 1 car garage).

12. They do not need nutes until 2-3 weeks

13. Thanks for the reply, they are 13 days today. Thoughts on a single feeding of superthrive?

14. Ugh seems impossible for me to reach optimal conditions. To get humidity higher I have to turn off inline fan, makes it even hotter....any other simple manipulations of the tent I can use to increase RH without raising temps?

15. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I have like no wattage if I don't use the HPS

17. [​IMG]

If I spray the plants with it raise RH? Is their a limit to how often I should do this if so?