Ice Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Wied420, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hahaha wicked man. Respect +rep.

SHIT wont let me give you rep.

2. :(
    Just kidding, not too worried...

On a bright note, I bought an old Toro today that came with a downstem 9" long.

[​IMG]

I think I'll use this so the smoke will have more time to cool before making the diffuser warm enough to melt the seal around the joint.

3. If you ever get the idea to this again you should make it a beaker bottom bong, while leaving the bore in it as if it wear just a straight tube, so that you can make the base super thick to counteract the melting...how you would do this I'm not sure but you've proven to be pretty clever thus far good luck man sick idea by the way...also the saw dust idea is a good call whoever suggested it

4. Scrapped most of the original bong and have a new thick base freezing right now. I'll be able to put the new downstem in the weld to the old mouthpiece.

5. #46 Wied420, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
    I suppose I can add some pictures to the word update from earlier...

This is what I used for the new base mold:

[​IMG]

Then I popped it out of the cup by running warm water over it, but it still cracked into 4 or 5 pieces when I filled the Kinky bottle with warm water.

So I just put all the pieces back together like a puzzle inside a cup and used the new tool in my arsenal, a spray bottle with ice water in it. Then I added the mouthpiece and used the spray bottle to buildup a weld between the two, as seen here:

[​IMG]

6. I am beyond impressed with your persistence

7. Very nice ice:)

8. Just tossed Ice Bong 2.0 into the freezer for the (hopefully) last freeze before I can test it out. Cross your fingers for an actual milkshot with water later tonight!

9. How did it go op?

10. Decent. I'm gonna bust out the glass rod and torch for my next attempt though. It's really hard to aim beeline when the bowl is above your head. I figure I can just put the tip of the rod just above the bud, then put my lips down, and won't have to worry about missing the bowl and burning my hair or something.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUgFRDDD1yk]Ice Bong 2.0 - YouTube[/ame]

I'll probably throw a mouthpiece extension in the freezer and possibly add that tomorrow to make this contraption a little easier to use. Stay tuned! :bongin:

11. nice an ya defiantly a longer tube would make things alot better

12. #53 Wied420, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    I think I messed this video up. I tried using YouTube's lighting editor to help show the milk buildup and clear, but it horribly reduced the quality I think, unless it still has some rendering to do...

Anyways, here's the next video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_ZX9UBxCU]Ice Bong Success! - YouTube[/ame]

And a couple pics for you guys as well:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^looks like a nasty spiderweb crack, but that's what the ice water spray bottle is for, I put a thin layer of ice over those cracks every time I refreeze this thing, so I'm hoping it will last awhile.

[​IMG]

It's probably gonna get nasty in there after too long though, and I'll have to smash this one. Or if it lasts till Spring I'll bring it outside and see how many tokes I can take before it melts! That would be a fun competition if I had a few of these and some friends. :bongin:

13. eww it made it look like brown smoke

14. ^Right? It looked better in the preview... :confused_2:

I switched it back I think, so we'll see if the changes process here in a bit.

15. Great man just great i dig your concept. Care if i give it go? Not wanting to steal your idea would like to try to and form a cylinder out of ice seems legit

if you care You can get a graduated cylinder
    [​IMG]
    Make a plaster or latex mold or another flexible mold material available in any hobby, costume or makeup or kitchen supply place nod it to receive your bowl and a card or a slide carb i guess would work in theory Purified water will give you more consistent crystal formation and therefore more stable clear finish piece also some spray freeze used in kitchens make your joints and breaks freeze fast just some ideas

16. Be my guest TFT! Please post your results in here, I'd love to see what I've inspired!

I'll be honest though, half of the fun I'm having here is making this all out of stuff I'm finding around my house, I'm probably not going to bother going out to get purified water or plaster for molds. I love the input though!

Here's that same video uploaded without any youtube "enhancements" :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZK7kNW4bao]Ice Bong 2.0 Rips - YouTube[/ame]

Biggest tip I can give if you're going to try it yourself is to be patient. Ice can be a ridiculous material to work with.

17. I can only imagine i am drawing up a design if your interested i will post it after I map it and have the 3D printer at school do the hard work on the mold material. cant decide ona flattened bell shape or a cane shape for stability. i thin it may be more doable with a flattened bell shape i will get back to you thanks for the great project +1

18. how is the downstem not broken ??? wtf

19. I don't leave the glass diffuser in the bong while it's in the freezer.
    I've got a little marker cap that takes it's place.

[​IMG]

Then all I have to do is work that piece out with a little heat, slide the downstem in, pack some snow around it, hit with the torch quick, pop it in the freezer for a minute or so, and then it's good to go!