Ice Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Wied420, Feb 21, 2013.

1. So I finished the "weld" between the can and mouthpiece, went to put some water in it to run around the seam to make sure it was leak-proof, and the bottom of the piece fell off in my hand.

So I quickly put it back in the freezer and refroze that crack by slowly getting it wet while in the freezer. I started on forming the joint and left it in there. I'll check back on it in awhile.

2. if you but the bong on another large peice of ice while working on it you might be able to keep the bases temp down and keep it from melting at lest a little bit or somthin im pretty stoned

3. This is pretty fucking cool haha. I would not be able to do this. I would probably get pissed off if it broke and just smash it :laughing:

4. Well, I have a decision to make...

I have everything all sealed, so I was thinking after this last freeze to take a waterless hit from it, to check the air-tightness.

I'd hate to put water in it now and watch it shatter into a million unfixable pieces before hitting it...

What do you guys think?

5. Test it out dry man so that work doesn't go to waste!

6. smokes still gunna be hella cool

7. #27 Wied420, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    Dry hit success!:hello:

8. Sub-Zero smokes weed in a similar fashion.

9. Everything frozen airtight:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a dry milkshot:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhfytq6VfF8]The Ice Bong - Dry Hit - YouTube[/ame]

Unfortunately, when I put water in it, the bottom melted through too fast.
    But not to worry! I saved the bottle mold, so I just put water in the bottom of that, and set my ice bong in it to refreeze the bottom solid.

10. + rep for not being a troll and your determination. Well done

11. #32 Wied420, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    Had plenty of difficulties trying to get a hit with water in it. Even with water that's been on the verge of freezing after sitting in the freezer next to my ice bong melts it really quick.

I'm gonna have to seal the current downstem hole. Then cut a two liter bottle just above the halfway point or so. Set the ice bong inside and fill with water. Set outside for a few hours. This should be enough to at least thicken the bottom of this bong so it won't melt as quick. Then I'll just have to find something to heat with the torch that will work to melt a new downstem hole in the extra thick ice.

At this point, I'm kind of determined to get a good hit from my ice bong. I've put a bit of work into it.
    I'm optimistic about my new plan, but if anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

:bongin:

12. Mix fine saw dust in the water, it makes it freeze harder:) they made a knife with it on mythbusters.

13. didnt they also make like an actual boat op you should do this

14. ^where am I supposed to find sawdust??

Have you guys not been paying attention at how low effort this whole process has been? :laughing: I'm not gonna go through the effort of sawing wood to get sawdust, nor am I about to actually spend any cash on this thing.

It's outside now in a big cup of water freezing a thick base on to it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure shortly after putting it into the cup of water, the base melted enough to let some water into the chamber.

Oh well though, the chamber might be smaller now, but I think I'll still be able to pull this off. Optimism!

15. you asked for advise and usually when some one is determined it means they are willing to put more work into i also think it's goin to be more work in the long run but w/e keep up the good work op then go into ice sculpting people make alot of money doin that shit like 425-475 for the basic shit man it easily get to 700+ for a single sculpture ... damn i might look into doing this :wink:

16. I would buy one of these if they sold them

17. dude this is awesome
    you should make a mold for it and patent it up.
    i would defalently by a mold but i wouldent build one from scratch.
    i see this being one of those thousand dollar stoner ideas, might even be a million dollar idea

18. check out the mold a bowl link i posted

19. Very true. I had forgot my post from 3am...:smoking:

Thanks for the idea, maybe I'll look into it.

I don't think I could get the capital to invest in a bong mold though folks...