I

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 413bestbuds, Jan 10, 2018.

1. #1 413bestbuds, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    I

Attached Files:

2. It looks more like it's turning orange.

• Like Like x 3
  3. It’s the end of flower some yellowing but patches of purple formed over night

4. What's your temperature and humidity like? Your plants look good. Nice and flat leaf edges with a nice waxy look to them. You got any pictures of the flowers?

At the end of flowering, plants lose their green color in a process known as senescence. The orange pigments - carotenoids - have always been in the leaves, just not visible under the green chlorophyll. The purple comes from anthocyanins, which plants produce both naturally and in response to environmental stressors, but it looks like the genetics of your plant are coming out.

The slight tipping at the end of the leaf indicates slightly too much fertilizer. What are your ppm's like and how much water are the plants drinking each?

Keep an eye on the edges of the leaves, if they continue to curl up then dim the lights a wee bit. The plants will expand their cells in an attempt to capture more sunlight, as opposed to shrinking and slowing their growth down to avoid the excess radiation.

5. The curling started not long ago, but only on the section of plant directly under the HPS. I went a little bit generous on the granular feed and that probably didn’t help. All considering after two waterings of just water they are happy. They drink about 2 gallons every 3-4 days in ten gallon pots. Here’s a bud pic. IMG_3137.JPG

6. Also my temperature and humidity is 45% rh 72-73 degrees ground level. Prob about 75-76 at the canopy.

7. Don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down.

We can't see any purple under the grow lights. Only orange.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You can still tell lol maybe your not used too hps

9. No I can only see orange. As far as not being used to hps lighting, I work for a hydro shop building grow rooms for their customers.
    You should take a picture in natural light.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've been growing with hps for around 30 years, I'm about as used to them as it gets and I can't see what you're talking about. Shut the hps off and use a source of white light like your house lighting.

• Like Like x 3
  11. The spots
    In the picture are infact purple. I was just wondering if this indicates getting purple colors on some buds towards the end of flower that’s all

12. If it's those spots on the leaves, then no it is not the bud turning purple. It also appears your plants are not far enough into flower yet to be autumning off yet. The spots may be an indication of a defiency but without better lighting it's impossible to help

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. They are a little pale from what I think is having the hps a little close for a week. I’m not worried about it. Still drinking it’s water fast and growing rapidly. Look at the purple progression in just a day. I bet I will get some purple colors on the buds in the end. IMG_3156.JPG

14. Looks exactly like a phosphorus defiency which will cause those spots and purple colors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I see no purple? Where are you seeing it.. Why are you so interested in your plant turning purple?

16. Wo

17. Sweet, I’ll continue feeding. I think I overfed them maybe caused a lockout or something. Gave them 2 good waterings with no nutes. I’ll start to feed again

18. Not so sweet. Phosphorus deficiency in flower really impacts yeild. This isn't the kind of purpling that's a good thing

• Like Like x 1
  19. My plants already would yield a ton of I clipped them today not too worried about it. Only couple leaves have this purpling. Bud looks pretty fire to me. IMG_3160.JPG

20. #20 killset, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Pretty leafy little buds to yield a ton if you cut them today. Looks decent though. You'll be amazed how much you trim off and how much weight is lost after drying.
    . Without a phosphorus defiency they would yield more and be plumper is all I'm getting at.

Any whole plant pics? Maybe get a better idea of what you're working with. Good job though man

• Like Like x 1