I wrecked my car yesterday

Discussion in 'General' started by IGotTheCottons, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Yeah... Title says it all, lol.

I was goin south-bound on a pretty busy road, going to make a left. The light's yellow, I'm in the intersection, I see it's clear (enough) so I go for it. Apparently some guy, who was still a good way away from the light and headin north, tried to make it through the yellow and guns it.

I'm half way into my turn, hear a horn, and look over to see this guy about to plow right into me. I veer right, but it wasn't enough. We collide, and the brunt of the impact is right in front of me. The car is likely totaled, as it's 10 years old, and there was a LOT of front-end damage.

I was goin about 25-30 into the turn... He was goin about 50-55 or more tryin to make the light... Thank god I got full coverage, and that I've been payin on the car for a while. I should be gettin an alright check back, which would mean I could get a nicer car :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. yea but it also means that your insurance rate is gonna climb up too

i wrecked my car like a year ago, n after the wreck somehow my insurance went down to 35 bucks a month, i looked at it today n its up to 55 now, n it said "accident surcharge added, good driver discount removed"

motherfucker:mad:

3. Yeah, that's true.... But whatever... I'm sure the money I'll be saving on gas will more than outweigh the added insurance costs. My car got about 10 miles to the gallon, lol. I was dumpin $100-$175 a week in gas (I drive A LOT, lol)...

4. dude are you alright!?

what was your guys reactions when getting out of the car?

5. Everyone was fine. I had my younger sis in the car (she's 17). She got some burns from the airbag, but that's it...

We were all pretty pissed, lol. But shit happens. My first reaction was to see if everyone was OK. I'm CPR/First Aid certified so you could imagine what was goin through my head, lol.

6. As long as you are okay :p

Hopefully you get a decent check out of it ;)

7. that sucks man, car accidents are never any fun at all. i suggest you get yourself a nice economical safe car, then with whatevers left, get a bag of weed and vegetate your problems away

8. glad to hear you're ok Cottons!!

..did the cops say it was your fault? ..my friend did the same thing and the cops said it was
    his fault coz he was turning while the jack ass that caused it was going straight :mad:

9. well, best of luck. I've never been in a wreck and im 21 now. Never had any tickets or moving violations either.

You should look into getting something more fuel efficient :) Not sure if that's your style though.

I went from a camaro to a mazda and i've really enjoyed the difference in mpg.
    ( camaro was getting around 10-12, like your car )

10. That's shitty cottons. Yellow lights have fucked me over before as well.

Hope it all works out.

11. Green = go.:)
    Red = stop.:(
    Yellow = speed up!:devious:

sucks tho. glad your all ok.

12. Yeah... It was deemed my fault... Even though the jerk sped up to make it through the light. He even said he saw me turning mad far back, which I don't get how that doesn't make it his fault...

The funny thing is... The cops were already there for an accident that happened just minutes before mine. As they're questioning them, they hear the collision from mine... Ironic, huh?

EDIT: @ JokerSmoker... Yeah... I'm definitely in the market for something more fuel efficient...

13. thats crazy something like that happened to me on saturday night...my friend just got a new ride so i made him take me for a spin around the block we stopped at a red on belmont ave and an off duty state trooper nailed us from behind and the cops were right there from another accident

14. i would got out of the car and pull him out and start kickin his ass
    for wrecking the car
    totally his fault
    he should pay the whole dam thing

15. That sucks bro, accidents are never good.

Look into a Hyundai, they have good gas mileage

16. Dude, good thing your alright. I mean.. a car is a car no matter what. Hopefully you can get something nice for yourself but its an even better thing that your alright. Sounds like you were both going fast enough to recieve bodily damage. Was the other dude alright?

Take it easy...

17. Shit cottons, sorry to hear that man.

Take it as a good opportunity to get yourself a better car!

18. But they're about as useful as sanitary hand wipes in a car accident and have a terrible reputation when it comes to stability and maintenance. They don't call Hyundais 'disposable cars' for nothing.

:p

19. Yeah, everyone involved was OK. Had it been a full head on it probably would have been worse. I veered right, and we only clipped on the driver's side. I received most of the impact, and my neck and back were a little sore yesterday - but it's all gravy now. Just a lil whiplash.

Not to mention I'm 6' tall, and Hyndai's are some of the smallest cars I've ever seen, lol.

20. Damn, lucky you weren't on a bike or you wouldn't be posting. :eek: I have yet to be in a cage in an actual wreck (2mph fender benders don't count), but I've been in pretty serious wrecks on bikes 3x. I still wouldn't give it up for the world, but it's scary how fast you can be taken out by some retarded cager who sees you, yet speeds up and plows into you anyways :rolleyes:

As far as cars go, good luck finding something good on gas. Everybody is trying to get rid of their gas guzzlers lol. I doubt you'll get very much from the insurance company, they aren't going to go buy you a brand new car. You'll get the blue book value, possibly even market value (what they're goin for in the classifieds). Since you were declared the driver primarily at fault, I doubt you can sue the other guy for medical bills. I got lucky in my first bike wreck, got hit by a truck (ok, not THAT lucky) and the other guy was obviously at fault, ended up gettin about $30k after lawyer fees and medical bills. The other guy's insurance co. wanted to give me market value for my bike. Being 10 years old and having 40k miles on it meant it was worth about $3k at most. Hopefully you can get enough to get a decent car, or at least put a nice down payment on a new one.