I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for weed.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Eyes, Oct 12, 2006.

1. So... Earlier I was mulling over some deep thoughts with my friend, and we started talking about depression. I'm messed up right now/lately, and I realised something. Weed saved my life.
    I've tried comitting suicide before by hanging, I blacked out and the rope snapped. After this, I decided to go the therapy. It was shit, did nothing and I'm still unhappy.
    BUT.
    After the hanging, I tried to think about the positive things. I realised, that weed is one of the greatest things to happen to mankind. I'm now off the suicide ideas (I've never self harmed). Thanks to weed!
    I owe weed my life.
    God damn... This doesn't make much sense but it does in my head.

2. I'm glad for you, man. Weed's great, but it never saved anybodys life. imo. But yeah, I've never tried, thought about it, never tried. I'm glad u didn't die:) . Then I u wouldn't be able to post here. But yeah, also I've known a few ppl that do cut themselves and such, and for them, it isn't pointless at all. It's their way of dealing with the pain. If they make themselves hurt physically, they feel they can numb the emotional pain. Pretty shitty, I agree, but it's pretty common, I think.

3. I think the same thing man, if it wasn't for weed I'd still be screwed up in the head. I had depression for long time- meds did nothing. I turned to weed and it helped me out. I was curious as to why this was and did some research on what happens when you smoke and found this:

THC is similar to a natural cannaboid that is released in the brain- anandamide. This chemical (anandamide)binds to the receptors in the brain that promote feelings of bliss. The THC binds to the same receptor

Link: http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/features/anandamide.shtml

4. i agree partly with what chronic said. it sounds like you don't respect someone else who might have gone through the same things as you but chooses to react to it in a different manner.

however i think weed has saved many lives. i would not be as healthy a person (mentally not physically...munchies fuck my nutrition up sometimes) today if it weren't for weed

5. I don't talk about this a lot because it brings up bad memories, but it seems like you have had a lot of the same experiences as me, eyez.

6. ditto, been to a ward.

7. Havent been to a ward, but i know what you feel like. I have horrable depression. im not saying i havent tried, its something im just uncomfortable with. anyway, im glad you are here, actually PM me eyes. or AIM me. Peace dude and i actually feel the same about weed. a few other contributing factors as well.

8. Well, marijuana affects dopamine? and serotonin and such in your brain, so, I think it could very well help ppl with their depression. Unfortunately the way in which in it does this, I believe, is a temporary fix and does not ensure long term remission of depression, at least in most cases. Bc, now correct me if I'm wrong, but since marijuana, the high, only last for about 2-4 hours or so, maybe less, then won't these effects wear off, too, the feeling good. Where as extended release meds stay in your system continuously, and thus, I think would balance you out better - long term. That's how I understand it, at least. I question whether marijuana is effective in the treatment of mental illnesses due to this fact, and find it more appropriate as an alternative to opiate pain killers and the like...so take this as a warning or take it as you will, just throwing that out there...

but this leads tends to lead to self medication, with weed, and needing it more and more which is what I did kinda, and it didn't help so much, for me...I feel better when I don't need to be high, all the time...maybe I'm just different than you guys, I don't know...

9. Gotta remember man the cannaboids stay in your system for weeks after smoking. Whether they are still effective is beyond me, I just know even though your not high the chemicals are still in you.

I look at it as- whats the difference between taking pills everyday or smoking everyday, theres not much. Yea your lungs take some damage and such but so does your liver (or I think it's the liver thats affected) if your on pills for the rest of your life

10. Idk why you depressed, your white (white people get it easier)
    think bout all the good things you got in life such as family, roof over your head, food,
    money to buy weed so on.. a lot of people dont have those, and the wander all day.
    lifes sucks but gotta think positive
    if you rely on weed, its the last thing you wanna rely on.

11. because hes white he should be happy?..thats some dumb ass shit lol

family's always held me back from doing stupid shit.

ive been depressed , but i always keep my head up , i do have a cousin who has tried hanging , cutting and overdosing , last year i found him sitting on the edge of his window , i got him down and fortunately hes alive

he started smoking weed and wow ,what a change , his whole attitudes changed , he sais he feels like a normal person , like the weed broke through a barrier and he's more open now , so i beleive weed can save lifes.

12. Yeah, your right. I forgot about us white people having it so easy.:rolleyes:

The only people who have it easier in america are the rich.

13. The thought of weed saved my life before I even started smoking. When I was all depressed as a 13/14 year old, I saw my friends and parents getting high and how happy it made them... it gave me hope that there was something out there that no matter what, would make me feel a bit better. Took me awhile to actually get around to becoming a smoker.

Afterwords in other bout's with depression, I'm firmly convinced I wouldn't be here without weed and music.

But don't credit it all to weed; it's just a catalyst, the will and power to keep going was always in us.

Rock on, Eyes.

14. i'm going to agree with that statement with the exception of if you are still in high school. i went to a low income high school and i had it a little rough because my parents wern't rich but i lived in a house in the suburbs (i still live in that same house :( ) so i was stereotyped as a "rich white kid"which didn't make high school a whole lot easier.