I would like to talk about life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Feelin Irie, Nov 10, 2012.

1. What does life mean to you? What do you believe will come of you when you die?

I got called into work, so Ill answer my own question when I get back.

:smoke:

2. My life is a tumultuous, emotional adventure with lots of joy and lots of pain with an extra massive dose of confusion.. Lately, my goal every day has been to cultivate an aura of peace & acceptance and relieve the suffering of my brothers and sisters caught up in this mess too.

I think, when I die, the energy of my life-force will just be recycled into the universe, and the whole cycle will carry on as it always has...

3. Life is meaningless and nothing will matter at the end because your senses will cease to exist.
    All I can really do is experience as much good things in my entire life time and see it through.

4. Life is the single longest endeavour that any one person can participate in. The only purpose of my life is to make it the most comfortable for me and whoever remains after I cease to be. I don't think that this leads to the same meaningless existence that religeous people worry about me living. My meaning has a different perspective is all.

5. Life is what you make it.

6. Hahaha this really is the best answer when it comes down to it :D

7. I really think were just a complex a form of animal or life form that found its nitch by evolving the brain into something intelligent enough to talk and live and have feelings.. just so we will live longer..

And when you die you rot in the ground and the earth and insects feast upon you as you have feasted upon the earth for years while you were living..

8. Your body rots, true...

But all that makes you, you, transcends just your biological matter. In my eyes, anyway :hello:

9. can you elaborate further?

10. What does life mean to YOU?

11. #11 Made You Look, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Pretty simply, energy can't be created or destroyed.. when we die, our life-force energy leaves the body and the biological matter decays and is digested by decomposers to keep the circle of life going. But the energy persists.. It's existed for a long time before we were even born, and will exist for a long time after this life.

Edit: The amount of energy in the universe is either infinite, or constant and unthinkably huge.. either way, when we die the energy will be imbibed by other life forms, over and over, re-used and manifesting in new ways.. I think that's where our consciousness comes from, our bodies are but physical vessels that the same eternal energy lives through

12. ^agreed. We exist in this universe, for where else would we exist, when we die? where are we to go? imo, the cosmos is all that is, and death is just a pattern of it, as it is the opposite of life(yin-yang). the key is, you can't have one without the other. so i believe, the universe is infinite. idk what will happen after death, ppl ponder a lot of possibilities. i like a way alan watts put it once, 'what was it like to wake up after have never gone to sleep'?(this is birth) it's interesting. who were you before you were born? from what i recall.. i don't recall...

but i think, am i even suppose recall..?

13. Something I've thought about for a long time is how, in a way, the entire universe is in our head. The only knowledge we can have is what we observe, there is no "out there" it's all contained in our consciousness. For example, the sun would not be "bright" if we didnt have eyes to sense it with. Hope that made as much sense in words as it did while I was thinking it haha.

14. You already did when you went to work :) but that meaning may change when you get back from work and start to answer your own question.

15. Maybe our physical body expends this "energy" as it rots into the earth. If were cremated then it is expended fueling the fire or absorbed into it. etc

16. from my personal experience, life is one big psychedelic trip

17. Life is just a test... Hope we all pass :laughing:

18. Life is a comment on a thread about life.

19. I believe that life is just a gift from space.

Space is a universal lifeforce

20. life is everything to me. I love that life is so simple and i love to enjoy everything i love as much as i can and just be positive and raise vibrational frequency. I like that when life gets better it gets better on a vibrational scale for all. I love that we are all one collective conciousness aiding eachother. I love that lately people seem more nice and loving and that maybe things we can't explain caused this on a collective concious level. I will embrace death because i think my soul will flourish into something bad ass in the after life. Maybe i will be a ray of light, or a composition of music or a wavelength or a eagle or something. I believe the soul lives forever.