i wont date a guy who doesnt smoke..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by nicolerrico, Feb 1, 2012.

1. so the other night i was at the bar with my girls. i was prettyy drunk. lol. the next day my friend told me, i was talking to a lot of guys at the bar (i was
    drunk!) and she saw me go up and ask these guys if they smoked weed, and when they said no, i said BYE and walked away. Lmao! i think thats funny! i was just being honest.. i know its not going to work out with a guy who didnt smoke.

is that rude? does anyone else think the same way? its just a must.

2. Ummmm, I've never once in my life dated a guy who didn't do drugs.

I did date a girl who didn't, but i got her to smoke pot and she fell in love with it. So, that was a plus.

Then again, I've gotten like 20 first timers to smoke with me (just not boyfriends), so i guess i enjoy the challenge.

3. if you know it wont work, then its better to get it out of the way from the get go. nothing like wasting your time only to find out later it wont work, AFTER you contracted herpes.;):cool:

i agree with your actions.

4. Damn straight.

Personally, I'd have no problem dating a guy who didn't smoke so long as he was open and accepting of me smoking whenever and however much I want.

But I think it's absurd when people start dating someone and get that "it's either me or marijuana!" ultimatum.

If you can't accept me for who I am and what I enjoy doing, then fuck off. I am me, you aren't gonna change me, so you can either accept it or kindly go fuck yourself. ;)

5. Most guys are so controlling though that if you do something they don't then you gotta stop right away.

I don't normally reject people for not smoking weed, but i make it VERY evident that i enjoy drugs and will probably do them. :):p

6. I suppose that's why I've never done the "traditional" dating thing. I've had multiple relationships in my time, but not a single one of them has started with the traditional getting my number, going on a few dates, deciding to be exclusive, blahblahblah...

In nearly every damn situation it started as getting along with a guy as friends, smoking bowls together, hanging out, and deciding "hey, we should fuck and date and stuff." :laughing:

7. Props. Everyone should smoke.

8. I wouldn't either. Even though I have friends who are totally cool with smoking, I don't have a connection with them like I feel I have with each of my good stoner friends. Even people who aren't stoners and only smoke on occasion I have a stronger connection with in that sense.

I feel slightly less easy being high and smoking and just enjoying weed around those people. I feel like since they haven't been high, or at least haven't been high enough to know what being high is all about, they won't understand when I do a stonerism or something like that. I am careful about how I look to other people, but I have the most fun when I'm high with stoner friends and I can forget about all that, and just let loose.

Which of course is what is necessary with a BF. Not to mention the fact that I really enjoy smoking/getting high with people, and having high sex, and all that. It's just not as good when they're not sharing it with you.

9. I'd date you

10. lol....that is rather weird. What if they dont smoke but don't judge you based on marijuana? For instance I dont smoke cigs but that doesnt make me think less of someone who doesnt.

Actually yes it does, I think of nasty tarry teeth and breath lol

11. Well, they can say that, and I know it's true in most cases, but you never know. I guess it's kind of like how inside jokes are funny. Like being high is an inside joke. It sure spawns a lot of inside jokes :p

It's sort of like why we're posting on this forum. If we talked about weed this much on a forum not about weed, we'd all the be stigmatized forum potheads. I know it slightly different, but people who don't smoke usually aren't interested in hearing high stories.

And since being high is a feeling that can be shared mutually, you can't really do that with people who don't smoke (not just being high, but talking about it).

12. just to let you know most ppl dont admit to smoking weed to complete strangers lol i mean it is still illegal

13. This whole time I thought you were a chick....unless your a gay man. But thats cool to.

Anyways, same here...I was never good at getting numbers and such. Usually friends first.

14. Probably not the best hobby to base your relationship on but hey, whatever makes you happy

15. I am of the female variety, you weren't wrong. :cool:

16. lmao, I meant to say "guy"....I'm pretty high right now!

17. That seems like a rather immature statement.

I don't understand why anyone would rule someone out of a relationship because they don't smoke. Unless they are overly controlling and want you to quit.

18. its perfectly reasonable in my opinion people know what will work for them and what won't and smoking is a big part of some peoples lifes,however you might be overlooking a catch due to your restrictions. but when I was a pothead, I was rarely interested in girls who did smoke which was weird.

19. I wont date a girl who doesn't smoke weed anymore.
    I just... Don't want to get into that. In my situation, with the amount of weed I smoke, it wouldn't be a fun relationship (what with the me being stoned all the time and her not liking me being stoned all the time)

20. I know I wouldn't date a girl that doesn't at least enjoy marijuana occasionally. I've noticed the girls that enjoy herb more than alcohol seem to have their heads screwed on more tightly. I also don't drink either.

I know that rules out a lot of people, but I told myself I would NEVER EVER settle, no matter what. This probably means that I'll be alone for a long time because I have certain criteria that I look for in females, and acceptance/tolerance of drug use is one of them.

I'd rather be alone for the rest of my damn life than together with some girl that I can't stand just so I can say I fuck every night.