I wonder what the cops headlines would be?

Discussion in 'General' started by Therooster420, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Does it not upset any of you illegal growers that at any minute we can get caught but what are we actually doing wrong? I don't know about the rest of you but I don't sell at all, I grow purely so I don't have to visit shady people from my past. I only smoke cannabis but let's face it... How many people that sell weed actually "only smoke cannabis" and I have a problem with everything else. 4 years clean now. So visiting drug dealers isn't an option. I grow for the recreational use.
    With that said.. Ponder this.
    What's worse? A husband and wife growing a small amount of marijuana in the privacy of their own home and consuming it in the privacy of the home. Only to be shared with 2 friends that come over and do the same thing at their homes as well.

Or....

A recovering addict visiting a drug dealer and ending up at a place where the sole purpose is to consume/ trade/ sell/ and conspire to do various things with various drugs? And at any time there's 4-8 people there partaking in atleast 2-3 different things depending on the night of the week.

I'm a recovering addict I don't want to go there.
    But I do want to consume my daily regimen of marijuana. So I feel the safest most sensible way to do that would be for me to grow my own. I have a friend in the same boat and another friend that grew already.
    Reason I'm posting this is I got to thinking.... If one of us got busted we would probably all get busted seeing as how we share information and pretty much only communicate within the group. But should anything like that ever happen, I can imagine the papers headlines would read something like this...

"6 month investigation leads to bust of 3 illegal grow operations and what officials are calling a grow ring spread out across 3 towns"

Lol and if the public only fucking knew. I know that's what the papers would say!
    And really it's 5 people with roughly 10-15 plants a piece in various stages of life. Lol but they would play that shit up like a fiddle lol

Perpetual closet grow

• Like Like x 1
  2. I know of one, ONLY ONE, person who solely sells MJ and doesn't fiddle around with all that other nonsense. He's been the only dealer I've ever known who always has potent weed ready to exchange, and never short changes me. In fact, he runs that shit like a buisness and won't let anybody in or around his home, he'll bring it to me, and usually with another person. He makes hella good money.

I think the odds of getting caught growing are pretty slim so as long as you contain the smell and never break rule #1 DON'T TELL ANYBODY!!!

I read a news article in which this lady was growing hella weed in her house, and the ONLY reason she got busted was because she had been selling it out of her own home, and three teenagers she had sold to knew she was growing and about to harvest. The teens were breaking into her home and neighbors called the cops, busted the teens, busted the lady, and the whole op went down.

3. That's hard to do when other people in the family won't keep quiet. Damn right Hank Hill grows weed.

On a serious note, it's difficult when you have a family who is okay with it, but members within can't keep quiet. I know for a fact after I told some family who live with me not to tell anyone that they went and told 3 people, and 2 of the people I specifically told them not to tell at all if she couldn't help telling someone. That was a real scare for a while there.

I aint planning on selling my stash. It's just for me. Hank Hill is tired of dealing with dealers and spending so much money on weed. So Hank simply grows it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Damn man! That's already way too many people who know then. I too plan to grow to cut back on spending so much money on weed and plan to grow. Only YOU should know you are growing. Most grow ops get busted because others know.

Maybe next cycle don't break rule #1. What'll happen if at some point you fall out with one of these friends and they rat you out to tue authorities?What if one of those friends meets another friend and says, "Oh! My friend Hank Hill grows, he'll sell me some!" and that person tells another group, "This kid I know said Hank Hills growing! Let's go rob that punk ass white boy!"?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Out of you and your buddies, who is the snitch in your scenario?

I think a better headline might read "small time grower turns in 2 ops to save his own ass"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bobby better keep his damn mouth shut then! And I'd like to try to see them rob me, Ladybird would tear them a new one.

Had no choice though truth be told. The big carbon filter, the supplies I get, keeping it 100% hidden from the people who live with me is a difficult task to ask.

7. Media and law enforcement both tend to blow things out of proportion for their own benefit. And yeah, I think all drug prohibition is fucked up, but I'd pretty much just be preaching to the choir here.

I live in a pretty rural area with no close-by neighbors, and don't show or share my grow with anyone aside from my wife and brother. It's not worth the risk to tell anyone; unless you're hiring them to trim or something, there's really nothing at all for you to gain from it. A lot of folks will roll like a bitch the second they land in any hot water, some people might try to break in and steal your stash, try to bum off you, blackmail you, etc. It's not so much whether the person YOU tell will snitch, but rather if the people THEY tell will, or the people those people tell, and so on. Many people will blab a secret and excuse it by following it with, "but I'm not supposed to tell you that, so don't tell anyone." And then those people often do the exact same thing, with the same excuse, and before you know it a dozen people know, and the wrong person finds out.

Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead!

• Like Like x 2
  8. I agree. Alcohol and legal prescription pills are just as dangerous as the other unmentionable illegal drugs. The only difference is one has more stigma behind it than the other, and I suppose the act of smoking anything is just automatically much worse than drinking something.

• Like Like x 2
  9. No doubt. It's illegal to have like 1000 plants growing in your backyard. A few don't hurt anyone.
    That being said, you are not clean according to the 12 step groups (which can suck a bag of dicks IMO). I am in the same boat you are. I call it medicine. 12 step groups talk about it like its a bad thing. I know a guy that smokes daily and he runs a step study meeting for alcoholics anonymous. The fellowship would shit if they knew.
    Dammit i did it again. I hijacked another thread. Sorry.

10. ThtS not hijacking that's input. Lol and I left the fellowship before I started smoking because I saw how people who refrained from everything except marijuana were treated. The rooms are just as bad as cops man. I went there because I had a problem with opiates and I have 4 years clean from everything except Mary j. But according to the fellowship "I haven't done shit for my sobriety" lol ok

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/perpetual-closet-grow.1434897/

11. Prescription pills kill 76 people a day and yet the protection of government interest is still wasting resources with the mentality of, "hunt down that hippie weed smoker!"

If government is good for anything, it's maximizing ineffeciency. Slow and steady wins the due process.
    :judge:

12. Yep. I find it unethical that I am eligible for a felony for growing two small plants in my closet. It honestly doesn't even feel real. One plant that produces over 20g's and that's pretty much jail time here in the south. (as far as I know)
    "manufacturing/cultivating drugs"... what the fuck.

Regardless, only a few people know about my little grow. My brother who is 600 miles away, my friend who is living in the UK right now, and unfortunately my roommate walked in mid-LST. He's cool though, I've known him for ages, he's a really good student, and he absolutely hates weed now. I've tried to smoke him out countless times in the past year with little luck.

He did take a picture of my plants and sent it to a groupchat I'm in cause he thought it looked cool. Luckily the only people that are in it that live in a 350mi radius is me and him.

Regardless, everyone smokes in my apartment complex, and maintenance has walked into my house reeking of dank with no issues. I think I'm fine with two 4-week staggered autos.

Fuck, now I can't wait for my Spring Break harvest to come :(.