Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i wish weed wasn't a drug that...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Audion, Aug 2, 2011.

1. #81 Verdurous, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The plant material itself isn't what has the effects though, it's the THC. You have to keep in mind when you consume cannabis you are consuming hundred to thousands of chemicals, not just one substance.

2. A drug :confused: i was under the impresion that it was a plant but when combusted the tetra hidra cannibinal is released and due to the human biology it is passed into tetra hidra cannabinal recepters that then feed it around are system causing a relaxed feeling, drug :confused: i dunno what you have been smoking but a drug sure isn't it.

3. okay then, we'll break even. Semantically it's a drug, but logically it's not. I mean it makes sense when defined with the oxford definition but it actually is really just a plant (that contains a drug :p). Damn this is confusing

4. i've been smoking weed for so long and i know this is fairly true. sometimes i'll be sitting there, just thinking in my head, and i will get these tendencies to think about the way i feel. isn't really a problem for me anymore, but sometimes, when you do have a panic attack, you only really have it because you're so high and things aren't going the way you want to, when in actuality things are perfectly fine :smoking:

5. #85 Verdurous, Aug 3, 2011
    All is well. lol. People will call anything, everything, and nothing what they will with out any consideration for the definition all day everyday. lol It's just language.

6. Thats just splitting hairs. The chemicals are apart of the plant.

7. i never had a bad high, other than this one time i got so fucking high, ate a large or XL dominos pizza (honestly i dont remember lolol) by myself, drank mad coke, and then ended up with a stomach ache where i thought i had to shit, tried to shit, ended up puking (grabbed the garbage not on myself lol) and passing out on the toilet for an hour.

woke up like wtfffffff, felt much better though, smoked a fat packing then went to bed. lolol..

wasnt like a i hate weed high though, was like i ate too much while too stoned lol

8. Yes that's very true. At the end of the day, words cannot actually get across the actual experiences that humans go through. We only understand other people's words because we go through the same experiences ourselves. Alduos Huxley talked about it. Something about how all humans are actually islands because we can never ACTUALLY FEEL what another person is feeling. Words can represent it, but definitely cannot actually make another person feel or really understand what you are talking about.

9. #89 Verdurous, Aug 3, 2011
    Yeah, but still. You can't disregard the natural elements the plant holds. It isn't synthesised by man or anything. I just bugs me when it's used incorrectly in this context. lol

10. how are you able to make a post without being online? :confused:

11. glitch in the matrix ?:eek:

invisible mode or something. its in your account setting somewhere.

12. Im a wizard, Harry.

13. Everyone gets paranoia anxiety at some point you have to realize it's just the drug and chill out.

14. lmfao

15. #95 500a, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    And alcohol isn't a drug, its a beverage. And xanax isn't a drug, its a pill. And meth isn't a drug, its magical crystals. And LSD isn't a drug, its a liquid. And weed isn't a drug, its a flower.

Semantics, and more semantics. With your logic I could say heroin isn't a drug, only the pure diacetylmorphine in it is a drug.

16. lol magic crystals! yea weed isn't a drug, its a magical flower made of puppies and rainbows

17. #97 Verdurous, Aug 3, 2011
    Alcohol is a drug, whiskey is the beverage. Xanax is a drug that comes in pill form. Meth is...

Your last statement would be true. lol

18. I used to be pants-pissingly terrified of flying. Nevertheless, I had to in my job, in fact at one point I had to commute by air for a few months. That got kiester so clenched that after that I didn't fly for years. Then I got a different job where again I had to fly. So I decided it was time to deal with it. Found a real good book called "Flying with Fear." It's a short little book but if you read that, EVERY single issue that you have with weed you can deal with using the techniques in the book.

I was never as bad as you, but I used to get freaked occasionally. Usually it was when I mixed all kinds of shit and partied all night. Then I had to quit smoking for a long time, and I started up again a couple years ago. The shit I get now is ten times more potent than the shit I used to have, so I started off slow and guaged the reaction.

Get yourself a one hitter, like a bat from a dugout. From totally sober, take one hit. Note the time, and then sit back and wait and see what it does. Note how high you get, how long it takes to peak, and how long it takes for you to come back down. Do that a few times over a few days.

At the end of this exercise you'll know how high you get with one hit and you can guage how high you want to get. You will also realize that when you do get too high, the time period from when you are too high to when you're not any more is usually only a few minutes. As you experiment carefully and smoke a little more when you're ready, you will eventually get to you limit. Then you can ride out a little panic and see how long it lasts. After that, when you do feel too high you will KNOW that you will be coming down again and it won't be that long.

After you suffer through a few attacks like that you will realize that they don't hurt you at all.

At the same time, do your homework about cannabis. The truth is that there is not one single thing that weed can do to hurt you. There are some negatives, but they are minor. Weed can't give you siezures, it can't make you crazy, it can't give you a heart attack, there's no way it can kill you.

If you have a nice calm friend, get high with that friend and have them talk you down if you freak. Stay active, keep your mind off the freakage, that just feeds the panic. The flying book says to wear a rubber band on your wrist and snap it when you start to slide into panic.

You can get past this. Why? Because you're the obsessive type. You can figure out a plan to habituate yourself. Now I smoke and smoke and smoke and once in a while I get high enough that my brain says "uh oh" and I just tell it to shut the fuck up, this can't hurt me, and proceed to enjoy the greatest drug in the universe.

Yeah, it's a drug you hosers :) It's a good one. Drugs are not evil. Drugs are good. They do good things for people. Addiction is evil. Pharmaceutical companies are evil. But the drugs are just the drugs. Alcohol, caffiene, these are all drugs, they are substance employed in the treatment of medical conditions.

I get so tired of the fascist war on drugs turning "drugs" into a bad word. Wake up to the bullshit people, don't let them brainwash you too. Half the people alive today owe their life to "drugs." Using "drugs" of any sort recreationally is a time honored tradition that's been around since prehistory.

Addiciton is bad. Drugs are good, mmmmkay?

19. Shit, fall back to opium. Is opium a drug? Hell yeah. Well, it's nothing more than plant sap. It's the poppy analog of hash.

20. dude you are the man. everything you said is so true. i will check out that book as well.