I wish I was born in 1950

Discussion in 'General' started by DreamAwake, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Seems like the perfect year

rock n roll/hippies would be starting up right in the beginning of your teenage years

you'd go to college in the late 60's-early 70's

then you got the rest of the 70's and the early 80's

before shit gets wack

i feel everyone in the 60's and 70's were so much more together

life was easier

people were happier

now were just wack

which EXACT year do you wish you could have been born if you could have picked any year.

the 90's were cool for me growing up but post 90's things just got so bad i'd much rather be born in 1950. wbu?

2. I hear you, wish I was born mid 1930s

3. I would choose 1937, the year cannabis was outlawed in the U.S.

Not only because of that but so I could grow up in the early 1900's and dodge the Great Depression.

4. To eaches own

I think the turn of the century would be cool too. Especially if I was rich. Our world is just way too complicated these days. Simpler the better. Internet is addicting but if we never got to see the internet we wouldn't even think about it you know :confused_2:

5. The past always looks better because you only hear about the good stuff. There will always be shit that suck lol...

6. year is 2042. “i was born in the wrong generation” a teenage girl sighs as she listens to 1d and cleans the lens on her vintage iphone 4s

but on topic: im white so anytime is good for me.

7. I would've loved to see the 60's and 70's and live through that..

8. Oh and the 80's for sure! ;)
    [​IMG]

9. What about the iphone :confused:

10. I'm more about your screen name

11. uhhhh

this is the same energy as the 60s but

its 2012

its like the 60s but better

12. no good music

too much technology

too much seperation/lack of togetherness

and the politics of this country has gone to shit way more

13. That depends on what kind of white and when. You might have been worse off than American black slaves. No rafting down the Mississippi with a little white kid for you.

14. plus the girls in the 60's were way hotter than they are today

15. well yeah they're 40-50 years older now...

16. If you were born in 1950, you'd have been the perfect age to be drafted, fight communism, smoke weed and die in Vietnam, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r4nYeTflSw]American Troops Smoking Pot in Vietnam - YouTube[/ame]

Before any of you kids try this at home with Daddy's shotgun, note how Vito makes sure the weapon was empty. I'd rather not see any news reports about a headless blade.;)

17. wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZvE7dQ-C5o]Aesop Rock - ZZZ Top - YouTube[/ame]

18. that music doesn't bring people together

another thing i like about the 60's is a lot more people could agree on music taste than they do today

19. Back then they didn't shave their muff

20. 1368

plague sounds fun