I will be drying my herb at 42F room what should I set my dehumidifier too?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Joey Metro, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Is 42 f, too cold to dry?

2. Should be fine just lower humidity a bit

3. The next setting on my dehumidifier is 30.
    This is my second grow my first grow got destroyed by mold.
    I went away for a long weekend when I came back it was covered in all white powder.

4. #4 krazyklive, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    This probably won't work very well. A refrigerant dehumidifier is going to freeze into a block of ice at 42F. You would need a desiccant based dehumidifier to do this correctly.

A refrigerant dehumidifier needs to get the air to the dew point to remove moisture. At 42F, and 67%RH, the dew point is 32F or freezing. If you must do this, you would need a refrigerant dehumidifier with a defrost cycle. The best 100 pint dehumidifer with a defrost cycle will only pull about 5 pints of moisture in 24 hours under these conditions.

In other words, it just can't be done. The good news is that you don't need a dehumidifier. If the air is 42F and it's raining (100%RH), by heating the area up to 60F, the RH will drop to 50%.

5. [QU,,, OTE=Quest Hydro;16846024]This probably won't work very well. A refrigerant dehumidifier is going to freeze into a block of ice at 42F. You would need a desiccant based dehumidifier to do this correctly.

A refrigerant dehumidifier needs to get the air to the dew point to remove moisture. At 42F, and 67%RH, the dew point is 32F or freezing. If you must do this, you would need a refrigerant dehumidifier with a defrost cycle. The best 100 pint dehumidifer with a defrost cycle will only pull about 5 pints of moisture in 24 hours under these conditions.

In other words, it just can't be done. The good news is that you don't need a dehumidifier. If the air is 42F and it's raining (100%RH), by heating the area up to 60F, the RH will drop to 50%.[/QUOTE]

WOW and thank you. :smoking: