I will be assassinated

Discussion in 'Politics' started by javan, Apr 26, 2011.

1. #1 javan, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2011
    The only way to legalize/decriminalize marijuana is through civil disobedience.

It seems many people bark about actually doing something, and never truly bite. What is the reason behind this?

Fear of social rejection? Fear of jail time? Or are the only sane and logical ones too high to even care about the greed and political corruption plaguing our country?

Question:
    What's holding you back from taking action to end this illogical prohibition?

Personally, I have a plan... and for it, I might be assassinated one day... hope not.
    "Evil suits will do anything to keep control"

Think - May 7, 1945
    Imagine - August 15, 1947
    Plan - August 28, 1963
    Get ready - November 9, 1989

2. civil disobedience - the refusal to obey certain laws or governmental demands for the purpose of influencing legislation or government policy, characterized by the employment of such nonviolent techniques as boycotting, picketing, and nonpayment of taxes. Compare noncooperation ( def. 2 ) , passive resistance.

In other words, bark with no bite, or is it even barking, maybe a yelp? Or a whimper possibly?

After a point civil disobedience becomes nothing but cowardice; a refusal to TRULY stand up and fight. That is not to say that civil disobedience cannot bear fruit, this is just a reaction to your post.

The simple act of smoking herb in itself is civil disobedience, think I got that 1 down.

ps, what the hell is the poll about? lol

3. WARNING:This reply is a small rant that bears no intellectual thought or any basis in reality, viewer discretion is advised

I'm going to indulge you for a moment only because not more than a little while I had sorta your thinking....Seems easy enough right, if everybody decided to stand up and refuse to go along with the status quo wouldn't it all end.

The biggest problem or at least one of the problems is that there are too many talkers and not enough doers...I'm one of them. Everyone has ideas on how to do this ad what everybody should do but what good is all that talk when nobody does anything.

I dont know what your idea would be...maybe you want a armed insurrection, maybe you want to protest till you change something. You know why it wont work...because we have for the most part all learned helplessness. Again I am one of those people so fuck it, just sit back and accept your ass reaming like a good ol' American.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjCdznA4sgY]YouTube - Red Forman on US government.[/ame]

5. I'm not gonna lie guys, I kinda see where Red was comin from there. As a world war II vet, he probly knew it was a close one... this is definitely tangential, but can you guys imagine if the Nazis had won world war II? The soviets would have surely turned on the allies again... it coulda been a shitstorm.....

/derail

6. explain please?

also in your opinion what is the real reason for world war 2 or 1

7. None of the above

'non~violent protest'

[​IMG]

8. Oh yeah they will....AND have many times.

9. so what are you planning on doing that is gonna cause you to get assassinated ?

cause last time i checked that could be fanatical....

10. Yeah I don't see you getting assassinated any time soon... Pretty sure the President of NORML would be the 1st to go ;)...

11. Civil disobedience? I am relatively civil in my disobedience.

I doubt there gonna come assassinate me for packing fat bowls all day.
    Maybe if I decided to become radical extremist fundamentalist stoner, MAYBE i'll get raided or something.

The point is, the US government doesn't give a damn how much sense they're not making. The majority of people still buy it. So they'll keep selling it.

The key is education. Change will come one mind at a time.
    So educate yourself and get passionate about the plant.
    Take on the stubborn opinion leader... if you are able to convert even one strong minded person, it will make a difference.

12. Who has ever been assassinated for smoking weed?

13. dont you have to be someone to be assassinated? im pretty sure if someone killed you it would just be murder.

14. John Lennon

[​IMG]

15. just from what i've read it sounds like your defiantely ready to do something about unjust laws, good for you
    i'd just like to encourage you to stand up against OTHER unjust laws as well, i.e. ALL DRUG LAWS(not like i do em, i barely poke smot very often truly), PROPERTY TAXES, ZONING LAWS, BUSINESS LAWS, ENVIROMENTAL LAWS(i truly LOVE the environment, but that does not mean that i would trample on others property rights and such to save it)
    and PLENTY of other laws, because those were just a short few unjust laws
    stand up to unjust laws NOT BECAUSE YOU WANNA LEGALLY GET HIGH, but because of the PRINCIPLES OF FREEDOM that are being violated