I went to a therapist the other day...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by LTSold, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Adderall has a very weird reputation. It's often associated with meth, but you don't really hear people dying from Adderall. People talk about the opium epidemic, but I don't really hear much about Adderall. Although, it is a Schedule II drug, there's not many stories you hear with the title, "Adderall left his/her life in ruins." Not saying there's not any stories like that, but not compared to most other drugs. There's just a lot of contradictions.

2. I think opiods are killing like 130 ppl per day though. Even shitty meth isn't approaching those numbers. If I take opioids I get really hyper lol.

3. I guess opiods wasn't the best example. I fall asleep immediately when I take them. They literally only make me excessively tired and nothing else.

4. That's perfectly normal man for the vast majority of folks.
    You sound like a normal guy that went to a quack duder!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Is that a Big Lebowski reference? Because if it's not, I have no idea lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think so. I have enjoyed it in my repertoire and will rent the big lebowski again to confirm.

7. But what's a quack duder? lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh you're talking about the therapist I'm a fucking idiot haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Haha ya man the therapist. Only one I've ever been to was for rehab. Get this: weed rehab I shit you not. To keep a job after I failed a random hair follicle drug test. It was on the psyc floor of the hospital and half the class entered from the locked floor side, other half walked in the open door side. It was like Dave chapelle in half baked but before the movie if I may show my age a bit.

10. Haha haha "I seen him!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dude I can barely remember that movie. I was so fucked up when I seen it, but I remember laughing so hard I could barely breathe.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. I'll it's a classic. Big lebowski and half baked on my nexdaeowf. Later dude, thanks for the laughs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. That is ODD indeed, i would research that if i were you, never heard of a reverse anesthesia reaction yet coffee calms down some hyperactive kids. lol

Thing about anxiety & depression, fear, general paranoia etc. is a false self image or identity, not our fault, it's a societal thing, more so in the West than say India... The west only teaches or points out the world of things and the more things one has the more successful one is yet many who have more than they know what to do with end up on the shrinks couch.

We are not these bodies, egos or mind yet the chatter in the mind based on the past accumulation of concepts is who most think they are... thoughts are not real, like passing clouds when they fade they cease to exist... emotions are the bodies reaction to energy that thoughts set in motion.. Energy-Motion...

All the forms we see, feel, smell are content but we are the container that holds all being "awareness" Itself.. that is our true Self, not the "story of me & mine" blah blah blah lol... We are the witness to the drama of life, indeed we are Life without beginning or end but navigate around for a time in communication devices we call bodies, needed in this frequency to learn and do certain things...

just my take and i can't take credit for it... lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah, it's very odd. That's mainly what I was trying to build up and point out.

And yes, I agree with everything you've said here. We are built up of our own perceptions. Everyone has their own lenses they look through and some are so radically different than others that even most statistics can't even be trusted. I think humans get a bad wrap, but I also believe that is why we're evolving so quickly because we're never satisfied.

I believe most people have good intentions, but mob mentality is a hell of a phenomenon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. i agree LT but "evolving so quickly" could be argued, depends on what level of evolving imo... if you mean since the industrial age going from covered wagons to cars, trains, planes, rockets, etc... yes lot's of gimmicks make life easier while we have an obesity problem collectively...

But when i see how ppl still cling to the old time religion doesn't matter which one it is... customs and beliefs that are clearly not working even for the believers and more "holy wars" on the horizon it appears there has been no evolving for thousands of years... same old problems repeated over and over again.

However, i feel as do many that more and more souls are waking up to their True nature which has nothing to do with the mind, body or emotions... a clarity expanded to infinity encompassing all of the "drama" (maya in the East) egoic soap operas.. we as a specie are addicted to excitement and emotions and most suffering is a result of emotional reactions... physical "pain" aside but even some of that can be traced back to emotions and attitude... many are in pain but it's somewhat of a choice to suffer from it... (i'm a pussy when it comes to physical pain myself, try to avoid it)

16. With religion, I believe some people just need a higher power to follow and some are even better people for it. Of course you have your extremists, but that usually accounts to about 1% of the religion. I'm not religious and to my families shock, I stopped believing at like 12 without any outside influence. I just thought, "well this doesn't make much sense," and I stopped believing lol.

That being said, I believe people came up with the Bible and the Quran. I'm not all knowing, but that's just what I think. Not that you're saying this, but I don't think stripping away religion entirely is a good idea. I believe pin pointing the evil aspects of it and criticizing those is what we need to do, because there's more good than bad that comes from it imo. But really, the answer to what life really is probably would sound just as crazy as Jesus coming down and dying on the cross for our sins.

I believe the present day humans are just shocked and overloaded with information. I mean look at you and I right now having a back and forth conversation about the human collective psyche on an anonymous weed thread. That would've sounded fuckin' bananas not even 30 years ago. I feel so fucking blessed that I get to express my views without being guillotined.

I'm so happy that people are able to bitterly hate our president without being imprisoned. There's so many things I am thankful for and I do believe that we have an excess of all kinds of pleasure here in the US. I kind of derailed there, but oh well.

17. Well if current POTUS had anything to do about it everyone who spoke up against him would face the guillotine.. he's already threatened the drug dealers next will be the users like his pal Rodrigo Duterte in the PI... "a strong leader", the type he fancies himself as being, the kind of guy he admires, like say Vald Putin... but i digress...

i agree religions were "man made" yet the heads of them say the books were either written "by God" or inspired by God... yet none of them can agree on what God is... Hindus say God is everything basically, not just in cows although they are often mention in that regard by bigots...

Now we have the radical religious right getting the bible into congress and the supreme court as if they have the only truth there is "their way or go to hell"... even the VP is a "believer"... well if that's a believer, give me Hinduism... but i digress...

How about we just chill out, live and let live... do to others as you would have them do to you... while discovering your True inner eternal self through whatever floats your boat... from meditation, contemplation, sky diving, river rafting, etc. we need to get OUT of our minds and quiet them down from all the static of the world, if not there will be increasing suicides and mass shootings, not to mention wars...

18. It seems your an intelligent person. And honestly, what you're proposing here isn't a bad idea. I just believe that people are so diverse and not even on the same page at all when it comes to morals and ethics, it's going to require a lot of subtle changes over the decades until we're all even moving towards the same ideological spectrum as you want to happen here.

I'm more of an honest pseudo-intellectual. So I'm more so expressing my ideas without really having any clue on how to really solve these problems, which is why it's important for people like myself hold their integrity and open-mindedness to such high regard, because so many intelligent people nowadays have some hidden agenda and have so many strings attached that if they were completely honest, their career and everything they've built would go down in flames. That's why I like doing my critiques. There's no strings attached and I'm more than willing to drastically change my perspective, because I can without consequence if that's what I feel is better.

Now what I'm about to write is totally off the whim and could be totally inaccurate, but if we want to make everything more equal and peaceful, I believe there will be many sacrifices made in our day to day lives. The reason we have the computers we're on right now, is because of rich people at the top who are motivated by money, power, a competitive stride, and wanting to overall be the best. They're great at making decisions and they're much more intelligent than 99% of the world.

My point is, take that away that power and ego from them, our technology will suffer for it. Our way of life will suffer. Someone who is an extrovert and who is willing to work 100 hours a week will be hard to be placed on the same level as some average joe like myself. I believe the quality to everything manufactured will suffer if everyone were more equal. Maybe that's a price we should be willing to pay. I'm not sure.

Of course, that's me talking out my ass, but there's sacrifices made to any kind of change is basically my point.

19. I agree with much of your post (wish there was an option "agree, but..." or "agree 80%".)..

Nobody, certainly not me is advocating that everyone including the really intelligent creative motivated extroverts be chopped down to the level of the average Joe, however... if we continue to go in the direction we are headed the average Joe will be extremely poor by comparison, it's getting close to that already when you consider a guy like Jeff Bezos... i liked Bezos as a person from a TED interview he did some years back.. seemed like a down to earth Joe with humility and ability to laugh at his early mistakes, like suggesting knee pads when they 1st started out and were down on the concrete floor packing books... one of his employees then spoke up, "or tables and stools, even better"... so they got tables and the rest is history...

Problem with Bezos is "enough is never enough" and now he owns the Washington Post i believe and i believe he along with Zuckerberg of FB have large contracts with the CIA (very corrupt organization to say the least, check the propaganda topic, recent video from a former agent spilling the beans)...

There is also the problem with Main Street America turning into ghost towns as they can't compete with Amazon, Walmart and others... many small town Midwest communities have to drive 100 or more miles to get to a Walmart as all the stores in their town have gone BK. .. Walmart opens stores in these areas for a couple yrs then close them to open a bigger one 100 miles away.

It's like those who are paranoid about losing 2nd amendment rights just because some are advocating banning automatic military style weapons & bump stocks, large magazines, etc. like what was used in Vegas or the school massacres... they overreact touting NRA propaganda.... NRA doesn't care about them or their rights but only the gun manufacturers and sellers who support them imo...

as far as "quality to manufacturing" goes, there are a growing number of co-ops in Europe, some having over 100,000 workers, all shareholders if you will, each having 1 vote on the "board of directors" equivalent... not some group of oligarchs deciding to send their jobs to China... they are very competetive with so called "free enterprise corporate capitalism and the workers are very happy with new ideas and enthusiasm... they feel they matter and take real pride in their work.

i for one would be willing to give up some conveniences if it meant that there were fewer not making a "living wage", fewer working 2 jobs, fewer in huge debt from student loans, fewer homeless, etc.

What does it profit us if we have everything done for us by robots and computers if we are in poor health and still searching for the next tech gadget to give another jolt of adrenaline and short lived so called happiness...

There is something to say about "inner motivation" but the ppl will never find it going around like zombies with their nose glued to the smartphone screen, not making conversation or even eye contact with fellow isolated Americans... These tech gadgets only make us more dependent and lazy while giving big brother more access to information, even spying and taking pictures and video of us in hour homes and travels...

Many are deleting Facebook accounts as i type.