I watched The Union

Discussion in 'General' started by qwertyasdf, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hmm...never heard of it. Will have to look into it further.

2. youd be surprised how narrow minded people really are..

3. Dude thats a good documentry really enlightning

4. Everyone should be forced to watch the union multiple times at birth til teenage years. :D

5. I told a friend of mine to watch it, she refused because I said "marijuana" when I was explaining it.

6. [quote name='"ghostonvacation"']Hmm...never heard of it. Will have to look into it further.[/quote]

I hope you're being sarcastic there :eek:

7. Exactly! Same!

8. I don't know why everyone thinks the union is like some magic fucking potion. I showed it to my parents, and I have to say it was one of the worst ideas I ever had. They dismissed it as propaganda. They are one of the most stubborn, narrow-minded, and ignorant people I know, and I can't show them anything that will change my mind. They believe I am 'brainwashed,' and I can't help but laugh at how ironic it is.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved everything about the union, and in a different situation I think it could show the truth about cannabis to someone who is more open-minded. I can't wait for culture high.

9. [quote name='"thestonedstoner"']I don't know why everyone thinks the union is like some magic fucking potion. I showed it to my parents, and I have to say it was one of the worst ideas I ever had. They dismissed it as propaganda. They are one of the most stubborn, narrow-minded, and ignorant people I know, and I can't show them anything that will change my mind. They believe I am 'brainwashed,' ohhh the irony lol.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved everything about the union, and in a different situation I think it could show the truth about cannabis to someone who is more open-minded. I can't wait for culture high.[/quote]

Your parents are content taking the red pill.

10. I watch it for the grow ops because its an interesting income

11. I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you referring to prescription medicines?

12. No it's a matrix reference. Morpheus holds out a blue pill (which will alter your life) and a red pill ( which will keep everything the same and life will be unchanged). Your parents dismiss it because they are afraid of change and don't want their metaphorical safety breached. Narrow-minded people gunna be narrow-minded. Live and let live, we can only try.

13. Yeah. How about you now go watch a cannabis documentary that's not shit and completely bias and void of any useful facts?

14. I am only 4 minutes into it (4:20 to be exact:smoke:) and I love it. The background music is peaceful, but kind of saddening. Like it makes you realize shit.

15. [quote name='"Demiurge"']Yeah. How about you now go watch a cannabis documentary that's not shit and completely bias and void of any useful facts?[/quote]

This.

16. I agree with this post for the most part. While The Union has a lot of truth to it, I do feel as if some pro-pot propaganda slipped it's way into that potumentary as well. Always bothered me in a small, insignificant way.

17. Oh I see, I've never seen the matrix so that explains why I was confused. In this case, yes, they are extremely content taking the red pill. They refuse to open their eyes, and observe what the fuck is going on around them. They'd rather hear baseless facts than actually learn through experience.

18. #19 Kramer, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    You guys are backwards.

The red pill is the one that sends you deeper into the rabbit hole.

The blue pill is where the story ends, and you start back in your normal, everyday life.

Edit - I'll stop paraphrasing:

"You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

19. Would you mind referring us to one?