I was...!!!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mafu_rookie, Jan 6, 2010.

1. I dont't know if some of you remember this thread...:confused:

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/500907-need-help-could-i-b-prego-confused.html

The point is that I bought 3 pee-sticks & used them on separate days. ALL OF THEM came out negative.
    On new year's day I started feeling sick, after three days I went to the hospital.
    Turns out, they did a BLOOD pregnancy test...& it came out P O S I T I V E! :eek:

Just like that...what a fuckng surprise & what the new year brought!

The point is that I must have like 2-3 months. I was smoking weed like always ( I didnt know I was, I didnt even feel roughly different) Does that affect badly my baby:confused:
    & what should I do to keep my mind busy when I can't go 'hang-out':confused:

*If someone could post links, or names of GOOD books for new mommy's...I would really appreciate it!

2. Jesus, congrats!

I dunno about any baby books though.

3. usually a good bookstore has some baby books... and congradulations, your having a kid!

4. not too late to "fall down the stairs"

jk, congrats:hello:

5. Starts with an A and rhymes with shmishmortion.

I'm pro-choice though, so it all depends on your stance. Although it was your own fault...

6. 9 months of no smoking, gl.
    No idea on what books you should read. Congratz.

7. my mother smoked with me and i came out perfectly normal, no problems whatsoever

8. It's kind of a sweet & sour feeling.
    Because i'm OK with having the baby (since I don't believe in abortions) + I wanted to be a mom...but not now.
    That's the sour part...
    Not being able to hang out like before, not having a college diploma yet, no smoking weed like before...in a short way, not being able to be young.
    But, Fuck It! I know it's going to be a REALLY bumpy ride, but I know i'll make it through.
    I'm just so scared I don' know anything. Is like waking up in the middle of a dessert w/ no directions.
    I still have to go to the DR to see how far I am. I must be like 2-3 months.

9. #9 lauraisfrknawsm, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  10. You might be able to eat the weed. I don't think that would negatively affect the baby.

11. It would still put THC in her body..... which still goes to the baby....

Whatever she eats, the baby gets too........

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzgSDOJAfA]YouTube - Family Guy Abortion Clinic[/ame]

:hello:

13. smoking is acutally recomended by some doctors for morning sickness and nausea

14. Throughout your whole pregnancy scare you didn't ever think "I should stop smoking, I might be pregnant?"
    Smoking can be very harmful to the fetus, but as long as you stop NOW you have only a slim chance of the baby being affected.

I'm sorry, but after reading your Original thread, and this one, it does not sound like you are ready to be pregnant. you smoked the first few months you were pregnant. Did you drink? Do other drugs? Smoke cigarettes? Did you eat large amounts of fish? Take any medications or antibiotics? Have you had any prenatal care? These are all things that can affect the health of your child. Are you ready to take care of a child that may be mentally/physically impaired for the rest of their life? Because every pregnancy runs that risk.

Pregnancy is not something you can just say "fuck it" to. you need to be prepared for your life to change and never be the same again. If you aren't then you aren't ready.

You also need to think about the life you'll be giving this child. Can you provide for it financially? Are you emotionally mature enough? Do you have a family to help you through it?

Don't get me wrong, my mom was a teenage mother, and she did great, but I also know quite a few kids whose mothers had them when they were not ready, and their childhood was fucked up because of it.

15. I'd go with the zypro's recommendation or the good ol fashioned falcon punch

16. I coulda sworn I saw an article once that said something about a study done in jammaca with a shit ton of preggers women who smoked a shit ton of weed, and, as I recall, they were fine. Do some research! post what you find out!

17. #18 mistawright, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    my sentiments exactly. I literally watched that clip ten times and couldn't stop laughing. too bad i'm dry otherwise that would have made my day.

don't condone abortion, but to each his own.

what craiggers said is right. I have read the study myself a while back can't recall where i found the article though. Its not like amonia, etc is in weed. only in cigarettes

18. I'm still trying to find out more. But I got to admit the system got me on this one...the usual message they've always sent of smoking+pregnancy=retarded baby.
    Even though, I know like 3 pregos that smoked during pregnancy & their babies turned out ok.
    All of this makes sense...come on, it's a b a b y! It is still human. If weed isn't bad for us, it's not like wees is going to kill the baby (if you smoke way too much, a little wouldn't hurt). Cigarettes i do believe would hurt the baby, since it hurts MANY of us.
    The only time I was able to eat in peace, without throwing all of my meal & half of the past, was when I took a couple of hits of my pipe.
    **Can any fellow prego or ex-prego members, that smoked during or a little bit during pregnancy post their thoughts here**

19. Please don't smoke while you're pregnant. Babies aren't mini humans, they're developing humans. Also, marijuana does have an effect on humans, it's messing with the natural chemical process of your brain and that's why you feel different when you get high. The health of your baby is only one reason not to smoke marijuana, the other is risking losing your child. I'm not sure of the laws where you live, but if you get charged with possession they might take your kid away and then you'll just be seen as his drug addicted biological mother.

Might seem offencive, but it's a relevant question. Are you and the father white or mostly white? Are you planning on putting it up for adoption? A white child might get adopted tomorrow while a minority child might spend their entire youth as an orphan.

Finally I ask you to please reevaluate your views on abortion. It's your body, make the best decision you can.