I was wondering can i grow weed outside in the winter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by coolguy21, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Right now im in Georgia and its the winter and the temperature is 30 degrees at minimum and 60 or more later on in the day can i grow my weed outside in this temperature?If i could can i get a percent that my plant will grow? By the way im growin Loud:(

2. Ga??? No!!!!

I did it in 'extreme' SoFl in the winter, but the temp avg was 80* or so, in Feb.

30*? Not gonna happen. Not under 55* or 60*.

Wet

3. it only once got passed 38 but thats the coldest it got so far

4. Start indoors now for spring 55*+ temperatures.

You're wasting your time and effort trying to grow outdoors right now in GA.

jerry.

5. 30F?

Do you see any farmers laying out their fields when you drive around the countryside?

6. Always a big clue for me.:cool:

Wet

7. I'm pretty sure the guy meant the coldest it's gotten this winter is the 30's. Last week we had highs in the 80's, and I could be in Ga in under an hour.That's besides the point.

Coolguy, it's only 6 more weeks till planting time if your in So Ga, maybe 8 or 9 weeks in North Ga. If you wanted to do a short day grow, the time has passed my friend.

8. ima grow it in my shed then to get a head start

9. Your only going to get a head start on premature flowering and re-veg if you start it now under 18/6, continuous light, etc., and then put it outdoors this spring. If you start it now, and then move it outside Mar 22nd when the days and nights are 12/12, it's going to start budding right away-for about 3 weeks. When it re-vegs' like that it stresses the plant totally out. You end up with squaggle. The best thing to do is wait till the 2nd week of March down here, and start it indoors under 12/12, or start it outdoors. That way it will indicate sex early, but it won't go into flowering phase with the daylight hours steadily on the rise.
    The only exception to this rule is equatorial sativas. They can be started indoors under 12/12, or entirely outdoors in a Feb. like this(hell, it was 76 degrees today). They won't try to bud early, but they can be sexed by late April, May which is nice.
    I'm not familiar with your strain, but if you start it now, and move it out this spring it will be all effed up. Hope that helped.:)

10. thank for the answer and you smart

11. Yur Welcomd'ed.

Attached Files:

12. ^^^^^^lol

you sci3ntist with a box cutter.

13. Autoflowering? I live in uk and want to start seeds lowryder 1 and 2 on march 1st, heard it take 8-9 weeks?

14. you need it 50 degrees or more and 5 hrs of sunlight for min growing. IT will be stuned too wreath it tho if u can get away with it.

15. i got a autoflowering seed will it grow in this temp?

cause i read the description an it said it can grow in harsh weathers

i live in alabama ideal temp right now it at the lowest 25 highest 50-55

16. Are you aware of growing season?

17. Absolutely you can. You got to live in Belize, but ya go for it . Belize is still N of equator so it is on the Winter Solstice there too.

18. Pretty sure harsh meant heat, not cold. Let ys know how it goes. We all may want to try it with 9 hours of actual sunlight a day and lows in the 20's where I live.