Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Was Told That Weed Damages Or Eats Away The gray Matter In A Persons Brain?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BudBrownies, Jun 17, 2013.

1. An older gentleman once told me.

2. #2 MileHighPotHead, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    Yup.  Look at me, full ride scholarship and I blaze all the time.  Shit I'm hitting my vape right now.

I also heard it makes your dick smaller by a nice lil' ol' lady who was begging on the side of the road.  I tried to give her some weed and I was informed my dick has most likely shrunk.  Who woulda known..

PS I liked your post because there's no option to like a signature. 

3. Holy crap...... I wouldn't, and alot of people I know wouldn't, have any grey matter left.  Not true!!

4. #4 Nugagerube, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    what is gray matter?

EDIT: looked it up.

I doubt that could happen. if so youd be seeing chronic smokers with back problems and other related things. you dont hear some guy goin around sayin  they are having trouble moving. thats just siily. the claim marijuana destroys brain cells is more logical...

5. Grey matter (or gray matter) (lat. Substantia grisea) is a major component of the central nervous system, consisting of neuronal cell bodies, neuropil (dendrites and unmyelinated axons), glial cells (astroglia and oligodendrocytes) and capillaries. Grey matter contains neural cell bodies, in contrast to white matter, which does not and mostly contains myelinated axon tracts.[1] The color difference arises mainly from the whiteness of myelin. In living tissue, grey matter actually has a grey-brown color, which comes from capillary blood vessels and neuronal cell bodies.

I doubt it does I mean if it does, so does living, if you hold you breath you're killing brain cells. Breathing in exhaust fumes from cars? You guessed it. Killing cells.

6. Someone told you, complete bullshit.

7. Well I'm 68 so I think that makes me older, as far as the gentleman part that's one of the many things I have been called.

Cannabis does not damage/eat away "gray matter"!

Now you can say an older, sometime, gentleman with 55 years of using Cannabis told you the truth.

If you're still unsure stop and think about this. If Cannabis did all the bad things, to your brain, they say it does how in hell would I, after 55 years of using it, be able to even turn a `puter on?

8. I was told that if you eat Pop Rocks and then drink cola your stomach explodes.

9. My theory is anyone who disproves of cannabis or creates lies about it is one of two different kinds of people.

1. They have never tried cannabis.

2. They tried cannabis, had a nervous break down, shit themselves, called their mom, went to the hospital, and were bullied about it for the rest of their young adult years.

10. They're haters

11. I always question information before I assimilate them. OP, if there isn't no empirical evidence that supports his statement then it's just a hyperbole.