I was thinking about forming a religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ChillnSmoke, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Hey I was wondering if there is a religion that requires smoking pot. If there is, would employers have to consider you for a job anyway even if you fail a u/a?

2. There's easier ways of passing/getting out of a u/a. Forming a religion around marijuana seems to me like you're making marijuana your god.

3. Rastafarianism (sp?) is a religion that promotes using pot for spiritual reasons, and even in America, Rastafarians are legally allowed to possess weed in personal amounts. Unfortunately, the U.S. and employers would see right through your attempt to claim to be a rasta just so you can smoke weed.

4. yeah, i'm with Kundalini... employers (especially in today's economy) won't care about your religious freedoms

they probably have policies in the books that will give them loop holes in the laws anyway and though you won't be able to be fired for your religious beliefs legally (unless you're in an "at will" state in which case they can fire you if you look at them crosswise) they can make your working experience so terrible that you'll just want to up and quit.

though, have you heard of the green earth ministries/THC ministries?

5. Rastafarian?

6. #6 Jdahms, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
    Temple 420

I'm not sure how legit it is anymore though

7. Hinduism already allows pot use, as does Rastafarianism and even Christianity. Many more religions allow it too.

8. Check out the thc ministry

9. Just believe what you believe and smoke pot on your own, personal, time. Be patient - the government will eventually need marijuana to be legalized.

Love to love and be loved. Everything else will fall into place.

10. Typically part of the contract you sign, it'll stipulate whatever specifics they want. Same idea as the 'you agree to be subjected to drugtests and if you refuse it'll be considered an automatic fail'

11. you create a religon with free dank. im there no questions

12. Religion doesn't really surpass federal law, so making it necessary for a religious practice wouldn't really change anything.

Whatever company you're testing for wouldn't have to change it's terms to fit your religion.

I don't think this'll work. :(