Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I was smoking dank for the first time from a homemade bong & im not a reg smoker

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by applebongg, Aug 7, 2011.

1. #1 applebongg, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    Here is how it affected me:
    Clammy hands
    Irregular heart beat
    Heavy breathing
    AND uncontrollable twitching/ muscle spasms

Can someone tell me why weed effected me this way instead of letting me have a good time? I drank a bottle of 8%alc lager before smoking, so I wasn't fucked up but maybe the chemicals in the lager messed with the THC?
    I have smoked before but I'm not a regular smoker and I don't smoke often.
    Give me some thoughts on this because I would really like the positive effects out of marijuana, not the negative.

EDIT: Smoke less? I've only taken maybe 5 small hits from the "bong"...I never overdo it because I get high FAST...even ONE hit of a joint or a blunt, I'll get a major buzz.

EDIT:
    Why is it that I took about 5 crappy hits from the bong and I'm high? How am I high so quickly even though I took 5 bad hits from the bong? I say bad because everytime I'd take a hit, the smoke would go in my lungs once and not come out when I exhale it out. I'm high right now and my hands are clammy....

And no, I'm sure I haven't burnt any plastic

2. Sounds like paranoia/anxiety. You just got too high and didn't relax.

3. smoke less.

4. Actually, there is a percentage of the population that gets real fucked up from pot, especially potent, mind numbing, anasthesia type of weed. The kind i smoke :)
    Anyway, go to youtube and find a BBC study on pot. it's a bit dramatic, but it seems if the concolusions are correct, then certain people can't smoke "The Good Shit!"
    check it out

5. When I get high I always twitch, not from paranoia or anything, that's just what happens, idk why, but I find it kinda pleasant

The clammy hands and heavy breathing I've never experienced, but heartbeat bein weird happens to me alot too. I think after a while you'll get used to it and maybe even start to like it.

6. Same here every time i get high i get fast heartbeat and kind of twitchy it kinda feels good :D

7. Depending on what you used to make the bong that could be part of the problem. If you burned any plastic or glue on accident that could mess with you. The last time i used a home made I didn't notice that the downstem was melting and i inhaled some plastic fumes. Instant headache and nausea.

8. Why is it that I took about 5 crappy hits from the bong and I'm high? How am I high so quickly even though I took 5 bad hits from the bong? I say bad because everytime I'd take a hit, the smoke would go in my lungs once and not come out when I exhale it out. I'm high right now and my hands are clammy....

9. lol i always twitch/muscle spasms mostly in my leg no matter what haha i dont care just makes it weird when im walking when it happens lol everything i dont know about , maybe the alcohol and maybe your not trying to enjoy the high ?

10. Why is it that I took about 5 crappy hits from the bong and I'm high? How am I high so quickly even though I took 5 bad hits from the bong? I say bad because everytime I'd take a hit, the smoke would go in my lungs once and not come out when I exhale it out. I'm high right now and my hands are clammy....

11. #11 gasguzzler, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    Feeling your heartbeat is not uncommon, weed affects you blood pressure , it drops it you can feel it slightly sometimes different strains can make a big difference in these sort of cases, as does your tolerance , peace 420 GG
    If it happens things you can do in the moment if it's bothering you is walk around, RELAX, stick a cartoon on distract yourself, and some times eating helps x

12. i remember my first high.......

13. This wasn't my first high.

14. You have a low tolerance, and it is very good weed. Maybe you are physically light, as well? Also, that's how it affected me the first time I managed to get high. It also was with some wicked dank, and I managed one hit, and spent an hour sitting with my face on the table scratching my neck and kicking like a dog, because it was so ecstatic. Unless you have an arrhythmia related problem, I don't think you should worry about it. Besides, until you build up a tolerance, you don't spend a lot on weed. :hello:

15. A rapid, and sometimes irregular heart beat is a side-effect of pot. I remember when I was a noob smoker I'd get rather alarmed by it. Eventually I stopped really noticing it. Maybe your just getting panicky about the heart beat and freaking out. Do to this, you start sweating and breathing heavily.

16. I wish I could get that high again

17. your high off 5 crappy hits b/c your smoking some 1 hitter stuff.

1. put some music on and lie down

or
    2. go for a run or walk

18. Lol you just have a low tolerance is all. Bongs let you absorb 80 percent of the available THC, so you are actually getting more out of those rips then you think.

Its more normal then you think. My suggestion to you is slowly build your toleration up so you can have a more enjoyable high later on.

19. 5 bongs rips of dank is alot for someone that only smokes Poop weed.

one rip of dank should be enough for a while, maybe another after a half hour

realize dank could have easily more than double or triple the amount of THC her hit

20. Holy cow, listen to this dude.
    Make sure you got brass or stainless steel for your bowl.

No copper (arsnic):confused:
    no pvc pipes (contains shit i can't spell):eek:
    no lead pipes (if u gotta think about this one, it's too late):D
    Glass and brass, the best.