I Was Rushed To The Hospital By Ambulance Last Night. Im Not Sure If My Weed Was Laced?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by weneedsit, Jun 12, 2014.

1. I've been smoking for quite awhile and I have never had a problem --- until last night, when I was rushed to the ER by ambulance.

Let me first say that I trust my dealer. He's a childhood friend and he's never wronged me. His source is currently unavailable, so he had to go through someone he never deals with to get some bud. The bud he got and sold to me was claimed to be Blueberry Cheesecake. I bought 2 grams and went home to begin what I thought was going to be a good evening.

The bud looked and smelled delicious. Nothing was off about it. I began picking it apart with my fingers to pack a small bowl, and as I was doing that, it felt as if it was falling apart too easily, but it wasn't too dry by any means. It just picked apart so easily. Odd I thought. I packed the bowl and lit up. The flame barely licked the weed and it just burned so quickly and easily. I got much more smoke than I had anticipated and had a coughing fit. Odd, I thought again. I took a few more hits, and then my wife and I went to the pub for some food and drinks.

We order a beer each and some nachos as an appetizer. I finished my beer and was feeling great. I was nice and high and the nachos were delicious. 50 minutes had gone by since I had smoked. As I was waiting for the bartender to bring me another beer, my vision started going black from all sides, and narrowing into a tunnel. My ears filled with pressure and started ringing, and my heart rate felt like it slowed to 10 beats a minute. I stood up to go to the bathroom and I nearly went unconscious. I hurried along, barely keeping myself standing, to the men's room and splashed some water on my face. My vision was getting darker and my ears were ringing. I stumbled back to my wife at the table and she asked me if I was feeling alright. I was white as a sheet and she said my lips were the color my skin usually is (I'm a very light skinned Caucasian). I started shivering and sweat was instantly dripping down my face and off my beard. My head fell forward but I caught myself and looked up at her --- my vision was so dark and I could barely speak. I told her to call 911. The next thing I remember is, I was outside the pub and I was ice cold and soaked in sweat. I was conscious but I didn't recognize much around me. I heard the EMT's asking my wife if I was always this color and if I had taken anything unusual. They hooked me up to an IV and started fluids. On the way to the hospital I regained my vision and hearing. My color returned and my heart rate felt normal again. I was no longer feeling like I was going to faint. The whole episode lasted for about 15 minutes and then I was back to normal, but it was the most frightening experience of my life.

The only unusual thing I did was smoke this weed, but I'm a daily smoker and I've never reacted like this before. I'm wondering if this weed is laced with something. It is odd to me that this occurred an hour after smoking and not sooner. What do you think? I'm not sure if I should toss the weed or not. I don't want to obviously, but I also don't know if it was something in the weed that caused this.

2. Everyone always blames cannabis for their lack of physical or mental health. You felt fine and high before, it was not the weed. You were maybe severely dehydrated and consuming alcohol did not help. Your body clearly wanted and needed water badly as when you got the IV of saline you felt fine. Drink more water and drink it everyday. Alcohol lowered your pulse, cannabis and pretty much any other street item raises it. I am guessing you had not really had water that day, and maybe the day before.

3. In my opinion, it wasn't the weed. I know people who work in the restaurant business and they always tell me how unsanitary things are. It's possible you got sick from the nachos. You said you felt fine after smoking and after the beer. But after the nachos you started feeling like shit. It could have been food poisoning. But the EMTs should have told you what it was. Well I'd assume they would. Also I would give the weed another chance. And if you have an episode again, just lay down, breathe deeply. Drink water. And have your wife with you (it's less scary when you're with someone,as lame as it sounds) I used to get really bad panic attacks after my mom passed and it always felt better when I was with someone. Anyways, is give the weed another go!

4. My physical and mental health is perfectly fine. I have no history of mental health problems, and after 4 hours of observation and testing, the hospital released me, as everything came back normal.

I don't believe it was the weed that was the problem, but rather something that was *perhaps* added to it. Remember, my dealer got this weed from a guy he has never dealt with before, so it wasn't the usual stuff.

I hasn't had much to drink all day and I was thirsty, but I chugged a 32oz Gatorade before, during, and after smoking. I'm 6 feet tall and 210 pounds; I'm a seasoned drinker and one 4.9% Samuel Adams would never have an effect on a guy my size.

You are correct in that I hadn't had much to drink in a couple of days.

I have a follow up appointment today. I just took 2 hits of the same weed to see how things go, seeing that I will be at the hospital in less than an hour anyways should anything go wrong. So far I think I'm doing alright with it. I'm kind of buzzed and I'm feeling a little off, but I'm not sure if I'm psyching myself out or not because I'm terrified this will happen again.

5. Lol I have a friend who got drunk last night a a chick shoved a tampon up his ass.

He was in hospital for 5 hours lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity For

6. Oh, interesting.

No one will ever add anything to weed to "lace" it. It wouldn't make any sense for a dealer to spend more money to make the weed more crazy and sell it at regular weed prices. They would be losing a lot of money if they were doing that. Why would you go and smoke the same thing that put you in the hospital last night before your follow up today? I would have waited until I had to see what the doctors said about what happened before smoking again. 

8. #8 Johnny Blazed, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    an amulance trip over weed that shits gonna be expensive my advice never ride in an ambulance if you can help it

who knows what it could of been atleast your ok just next time get somebody to drive to the hostpital if you can

9. Honestly it sounds like you had a seizure. Not the shaking ones but a simple partial or complex partial. Keep an eye on if you start losing time, having weird feelings or have lapses in being able to see.

10. I'll agree with that. I had a friend that was dieting. She did not eat all day but she did have 3 glasses of wine. She took 3 hits off a pipe and 20 mins later the paramedics were rushing her to the hospital. She actually lost control of her equilibruim and fell down. She could not walk. She could barely talk. A few hours later, she was fine and released from the hospital. She hasn't smoked pot since then.

11. You smoked pot that was laced by Satan.

I would cut your balls off with a disinfected butcher knife, seep them in luke warm water for 24 hours, then flush your eyes and ears with this for at least 4 hours. It's the only way.

12. Ive had that happen to me as well man, like not drinking water, and I smoked on a hot summer day and then drank a beer, good thing I had my friend with me, I almost fell off our balcony when it happened. so fucking scary, it was because I was severely dehydrated

13. If you went a good hour or so while high without experiencing any of those negative affects then I think it's safe to say that we can rule out cannabis as the cause. Maybe you were dehydrated from drinking the beer instead of water or maybe you have something wrong with you totally unrelated to the drugs you consumed that night and something else triggered an "episode" in you.

14. Seriously this episode sounds like like a seizure.

OP be aware of your body.

15. Hope you have some sort of health insurance, those ambulance rides and the ER will break you, money wise....

16. Sounds like your blood pressure went nuts on ya.  Mine has done it a few times and you describe exactly what it did to me, when my blood pressure went nuts.  After about 15 to 20 min was fine and back to myself.  But have taken that ride in ambulance too and said mine wasn't from getting hi.  Now on med for it.   

17. If weed was laced you would be fucked up weird before you went to a pub.

You had some sort of medical episode and it was wise to seek medical attention.

18. One more thing if it is high blood pressure its not something to mess with or put off.  You will stroke out ignoring it!!!

19. Those nasty nachos will get you sometimes, especially if you're not use to those flamin' jalapinis and salmonella salsa.

20. i bet it was the nachos or like bad cheese. this one time i was pitching in a baseball game and i ate some nachos during an inning and went back out to pitch. as i was warming up i got wicked sick and dizzy then puked on the mound and felt nasuea the rest of the game. i doubt its the weed man