I was going to go with LED but..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by leeroy420, Feb 8, 2018.

1. So fans work the same as an AC then. Mind explaining how your fan cools air just like an AC would? Obviously the light gives off some heat so how's the ambient sure go in and stay the same under the light?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. I don’t use ac? I’m running 1800w real watts , I’m exchanging air which in turn drops the tent temps?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. I use vented hoods, my lights don’t get remotely hot. My plants could touch my glass on the hood and it wouldn’t burn the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Obviously if your outside temps is hot then exchanging air won’t make any difference... if your air is colder outside then obviously that will work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wasn't his ambient like 80 though? With respect to your situation it doesn't really apply to his.

6. It didn’t say His temps mate. I totally understand what your saying and this is the thing wit growing , everyone’s situation is different.

Yes a ac cools air but exchanging air also cools your tent ( if outside temps lower) which at the end of the day is everyone’s goal.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Haha different guy. My bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I've ran 600 watt hids in 2x2 and 3x3. Pulling in enough cool air with a cool hood set up correctly you could run a 1000 if you got a wild hair up your ass

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hot, inefficient, old technology, go with led dont waste your time with that dusty technology, itll run you more in electricity than your saving by not investing in led

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Or something like this. 1800 w cob led. People who grow hps only worry about the true watts. What really matters is the lumens and or lux. This light has done me very well. It costs 127 usd and it works better than most I have seen on this site. Check out my grow with it. In fact, I like it so much I decided to pick up a 2nd cuz its so damn cheap.

But yeah stick with hid old garbage [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. People who run hid don't need to worry about true wats. A 600w HPS is always 600. It's LED manufacturers that use different drivers and them at different percentages. What's 1800w for that light might be considered 1000 by another.

12. I run 5 x 660 watt hps in tent 3m x 1.5m by 2m high no prob with temps

13. Actually those who use hid only worry about the true watts of a led not how it actually works

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

14. So how do you compare a Meizhi 600w to a Mars 600w's power draw without looking at the watts it actually pulls at the wall? Par is one thing, but if you don't know how much they actually pull you don't know how efficient they are. Obviously a 1000w HPS is brighter than a 400w, but if you only knew the lumens how could you know the 1000w pulls more than 2x the power to get brighter?