I was going to go with LED but..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by leeroy420, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Cooling it with what?.. it's gonna get hot in there.. spring for a cooltube... for sure

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. In fact that's probably too small for anything but LED.. too much heat..

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. You can run HIDs in 3x3s lol.

I'd get a 400w tho, not 600w.

4. 6' ceiling will be kind of tough to work with LEDs unless he gets a bunch of low watt ones. A foot of soil and a food above the lights only leaves 4' for plants and the distance between the canopy and the lights. And unless he goes DIY he'll have to likely deal with that hotspot at such a close distance.

Not that a 600w in such a small space would work without A/C (or really cold ambient air either).

• Like Like x 1
  5. He should be fine as long as he puts the pot on the floor and does some lst

• Like Like x 1
  6. Exhaust fans don't cool the grow. They move air. Your ambient has to be low enough for the temp under the light to be on average low enough for the plant. Exahust fans exist to keep a grow space from getting hotter and hotter. And to supply fresh co2 if you aren't in a sealed garden.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ditto

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’m sorry but half of you on here are talking utter crap. I’m running 2 600s in a 8x4x6 if you use vented hoods (6inch) with a good fan 400m2+ you can easily keep a room cool.

My rooms running at 24c , I’ll be adding a 3rd vented hood in a week so I’ll have 1800w. Last grow I ran a 1200w meizhi and 2 600w hps and temps was only 27.

You want a good exhaust fan and one to blow through your light.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Buy a dimmable ballast then when plants small run it at 250w then 400 then 600

10. Exhaust fans don’t cook the grow? Are you serious?

You can use a big exhaust fan which will in turn passively pull air into the tent....hot air out , cold air in. It’s called negative pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. As long as your exhausting the hot air into another room e.g not back outside the room the tent is in then you’ll be fine. I’d go for 600w dimmable hps.

I ran 3x600 in a room double your size and temps was fine. Unless you live somewhere seriously hot.

You want a small intake fan if one at all. Big exhaust and big fan to
    Cool your light.

If you have more air coming in then going out then you will have positive pressure ( tent will blow up ) and smell will leak through gaps in tent. You want negative pressure ( more air out then in ) so it’s sucking tent in so 0 smell leaks out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You just said exactly what I said. They pull (aka move) air. You need to have cool ambient air to pull in or an A/C inside the tent. Let's say your ambient is 80 degrees. No amount of fan is going to bring that below 80. How could it? Fans move air. A/C units cool the air. If it's already cool then you just need to move it.

Unless you're saying a fan and A/C function the exact same way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I live in England , my ambient isnt same temp as my tent.

So moving air does cool my room.