I was arrested at Dubai International Airport for possessing two seeds of cannabis in

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Feb 9, 2009.

1. jesus christ.
    fukin nazis.

2. Fuck dubai. I will never go there.

Funny to see how other countries view cannabis.

I also noticed that the more open and "free" a country is, the more lenient their cannabis policies are.

I came to the conclusion that cannabis is not only illegal because corporation would lose money, but because it allows people to view things in other perspectives and be more open to change and a better well being. (something the muslims do not want).

3. good to know you "feel his pain" when he spent years in a horrible foreign prison, and you simply had the inconvenience of having to report to a guy and tell him what you've been up to lately.

4. Don't we need to respect their religion and other cultures though? come on guys there has to be a good rational reason for this. :rolleyes:

5. Yeh arab emirates are fucked up man. i remember reading a very similar story of a guy that got 4 years for possesing a miniscule amount of cannabis (was invisible to the naked eye). They originally pulled the guy to the side and searched him because he had dreads and basically was dressed in a rasta style. They found the weed on the tread of his shoe :/

6. I came into this artical knowing i wasnt gunna read more than the first sentence... i was wrong i read the whole thing! needless to say its bullshit what some places will do just to lock up anyone for anything, whether its smuggling 70kilos of blow or 2 seeds. Other than the prison time, this is an awesome story. Thanks:D

7. Dubai will not be getting my tourism money any time soon.

-C

8. Thats bullshit, its the people that makes these laws that should be punished!

Marijuana laws = A forced personal opinion from a selfish and naive group of power, thrown into the face of the ones that have none. If I wanna smoke a joint, and im not hurting anyone, why should i BE hurt?

9. Wow..I am absolutly speachless.

10. Aye, I remember reading about their bullshit play laws on digg a while ago, some guy was arrested for a bit of weed on the BOTTOM OF HIS SHOE... the place is fucked up.... They want our money, but can't deal with our practices.

Yeah, basically, dubai is fucked beyond belief. It's one of those places you want to go on a cop killing spree and then peace on the country before they get you :p

11. I thought New Orleans was a shit hole. At least NO has a ATM in the jail. Dubai is that where dick cheny now lives? Airports realy suck these day. No where to go. I got striped searched at the border coming in to the US from canada to NY. That was befor 911. The questioning at the border always throws me. I away vacume my car well befor travleing thru canada. The canadins are cool but US border always makes me sweat. I am shamed to say I was glad when Katrina hit New Orleans. I bet this guy would love to see a meteor would hit Dubai.

12. You were glad when a hurricane killed thousands and left even more homeless? Dont get me wrong, I hate that stupid fucking city so much just from hearing this. But killing thousands of innocent people? Cmon now man....

Btw. Alot of those people from katrina came to florida, and many of them are still on the streets.

13. Tragic story. This side of paradise, indeed, FSF.

14. international laws are way too extreme
    bringing over weight is one thing, but to go to jail for .04 grams is ridiculous!

15. Yes, Yes!

16. What the goverment fail to do Disturbs me. I was smokeing a bowl with a homeless guy when the cop pulled up. He asked for my ID, and he said that people were stealing bricks from a constrution site near by. Next thing I knew we were on our way to the jail. I had two small bags of weed in my pocket that I had just bought...
    It is good the homeless got to go to a better place. Not that florida is much better. It is very low on my list. sorry to here you live there. I would tell you to run but where would go? Mars. Just hide and turn invisible. I've never been realy dead so I dont know if it is better.

17. You'd think they would be suicide bombing their own courts, and jails instead of ours?

I feel sorry to whom ever this happened to. I'd never go to the middle east, Italy is the farthest I'd go, and skip to Asia. Posetions can be replaced, I hope that your family suffered no long term damage, because thats what can't be replaced.

18. Leave it to god. Why would you want to be one of THEM. Forget about the guns. Run and dont look back. You could live happily with cannabis. Wakeup dude you are in the bad dream.

19. Jesus man.

Well gotta say god bless the USA!

20. Update on the story..