Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I was accused of smoking weed and got fired, Am I screwed for a job?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jvengeance, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Long story short, I took a smoke break and went outside to smoke (a cigarette), and a co-worker began smoking weed. She put it away, and promptly asked if another co-worker wanted a hit, he told immediately. He claims that I was because I was laughing with her. My boss believed him. 

I am a regular weed smoker and I couldn't pass a drug test if I tried right now. I have plenty of other good character references.

So, in my search for a new job, I know that previous employers are only allowed to tell, dates worked, pay, etc. I also know this varies by state. 

I live in North Carolina. Any advice in job searching? I figured someone here might have some experience with this. 

2. Snitches get stitches, deal those stitches op.

3. He who snitcheth on the smoker of ganja shall pay the PRICE! BLOOD 

4. Your story sounds really fishy. I would not let someone falsify shit about me like that, it sounds like you just bent over and grabbed your ankles. If you are really innocent, then stand up for yourself.

I don't know about North Carolina where the OP lives, but where I live (California) you really don't have a choice. They can fire you for whatever they want, as long as it's not race based, gender based, etc. (which they could simply say it was for a different reason..)

6. U got fired from word of mouth.? That's fucked up and CAN'T happen where i work. We have a lot of snakes at my job who will rat u out but the mgrs take it with a grain of salt because they have to witness it...id get clean and go after them for wrongful termination..

And u need to fuck that guy up.. What happened to the girl?

7. Your quote made me laugh lol

8. I know in my state if they tell the other employer why you got fired then you can sue and make mad money.

9. I know that in the past when I did not want to give a favorable reference, I always stated: "I have no comment."  This is a catchall that won't get you sued for libel, but gives the prospective employers all they need to know.

10. Sucks that someone would go and tell like a little kid, probably kissing up to the boss.  Still pretty dumb that the chick would be so open about it though without knowing if the other co-worker is cool with it.