Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I was a professional Edible Chef AMA

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Alcerious, Jan 29, 2014.

1. #21 Alcerious, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    [quote name="mrsilly" post="19434757" timestamp="1391091200"]Just curious why don't you just decarb your material before you blast. Seems like a lot of work?If you don't make your on BHO how do you know if the mystery oil is purged and your not eating nastiesIf you are making your own are you using n-butane? When you put your bho inside the pressure cooker what kind of container do you put it in. Is there water inside the presure cooker?how do you keep the water out of BHO?Next time you do this could you add a pictorial/tutorial?Please do not misunderstand, I am in no way being disrespectful, I am consistently looking for better way to do things, inquiring minds want to know.[/quote]I decarb the extract because when we would blast it would be 20+ pounds of sweet leaf, it's a lot easier to decarb 2 pounds of oil over 20# of plant material.I put the extracts into a shallow Pyrex container with no lid inside the pressure cooker. Never used water water and BHO hate each other. I ordered ~100# tanks of instrument grade butane from AirGas. I will post a step by step next time I blast unfortunately I no longer work for this company (owners screwed me out of 75k) so I won't be able to show a 20# blast. But I can show a small scale with my grow.As far as purging its highly over rated we never "purged" in the traditional since, I always put the liquid BHO on a tray of hot water and kept replacing the water as it would cool until it was thick and sexy. (Note every batch we made was tested by canna labs and we never had a residual Butane issue.). Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [quote name="Tusselhoff" post="19432140" timestamp="1391047506"]Do you have a good recipe for cakepops? I had one from a local dispensary recently and I'd love to make my own[/quote]. I love cake pops but I have never made infused cake pops but the near thing is any recipe with fat can be substituted with an infused oil or butter so take a browse around foodnetwork.com they have pretty good stuff on there. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. By the way Mr. Silly no offense taken we can't learn if we don't ask question! And I gave a pretty rough and not very detailed explanation of decarbingSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #24 mrsilly, Jan 30, 2014
    Cool look forward to the tute! Thank you in advance.

what medium do you use in the cooker dry?

5. Pyrex straight in the pressure cooker I would double stack it bottom one upside down and the one with the extract on top so the bottom wouldn't burn. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Have you ever used canna-sugar in your recipes, or infused honey or agave nectar?  :smoke:

7. I'm glad you asked this! I have not infused sugar or honey however!!! I have infused maltrodextrin which is used in Splenda to buffer the aspertaine(stuff that makes Splenda sweet) Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #28 PsychedelicSam, Jan 30, 2014

You would infuse your sugar with a concentrated Green Dragon and the same with the honey although each can be done using BHO or other concentrates, too. You'd just reconstitute some with a bit of alcohol for the sugar and the oil will dissolve into the warm honey on its own. Agave, like glycerin, doesn't infuse as easily with oil and needs a bit more work. 

By using the sugar and honey, agave and glycerin you can make products like ice cream and candy without having to infuse an oil or butter or other lipid and it keeps its texture and potency can be controlled. It's pretty good stuff if I do say so myself.  ;)

Here's my recent ice cream batch...Praline Almond Pecan Fudge made with infused agave nectar and glycerin. This is one medical grade dose.
    IceCreamDose.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's fantastic! As for the maltrodextrin I was very proud of this creation because once it's infused it will now dissolve in water so with this you can infuse anything you want with easy even a bottle of water. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #30 Alcerious, Jan 30, 2014
    That Ice cream looks amazing though I would put my dick in it.... I mean eat it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #31 mrsilly, Jan 30, 2014
    Do tell? I can't eat sugar or honey.

The canna-sugar is the same way. Agave nectar is low glycemic and can be used by diabetics if that's a factor.  :)

13. #33 Sorrow, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Deleted

14. Lol I do have an issue with my typing skills. (Never proof read)Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. [quote name="mrsilly" post="19436262" timestamp="1391109477"]Do tell? I can't eat sugar or honey.[/quote] I had access to a $20,000 lab mixer although I'm sure similar results can be obtained by a food processor. It's simple you dissolve the bho into vegetable oil smallest amount possible and then mix it with the maltrodextrin until it's a dry mixture.Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. #36 mrsilly, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    No just avoid sugar. Thanks, is one caveat to that. Unless there is dark chocolate involved. Lol

17. How do i cook with co2 oil? What's thratio for co2 to coconut oil? How long shall I decarb?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Between this thread's inception and now PsychedelicSam has done extensive research on Decarb.

The current recommended decarb for Flowers is 240 F for 40 minutes.