I want your fertilizer suggestion

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lord Sativa, May 29, 2009.

1. I've posted this thread to gather opinions. What I want to know is what kind of fertilizer you use or have used AND can recommend. I am planning on using Fox Farm Ocean Forest, so I'm really only interested in nutes for use in soil or soilless mixes at this time. However, feel free to post info for hydro/aero ferts as well if you want. I'm sure there are quite a few users on here who would appreciate this info.

The two major candidates for nutes I've looked at so far are Fox Farm Trio for soil (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom) and Advanced Nutrients 3 part system (Grow, Micro, and Bloom). I read that although this last is considered a hydro fertilizer, it can be used for soil as well and can be used according to the "Lucas Formula", where Grow isn't even used.

So, now it's your turn. Tell me, and our fellow "blades" here on Grass City, what you use and recommend. Also, keep in mind that most beginners are on a budget. Maybe make a "best" recommendation and a "second best" choice that's a little easier on the wallet if possible.

Thanks

2. i reccomend using fox farm soil n nutes.. goood results

3. BioCanna and my own Russian comfrey fert.

4. The very best organic ammendment I have ever used is: Earthworm Castings. I mix it in every soil I put together.
    The Fox Farms organic line of soil/ammendments is great (especially the TIGER BLOOM), but for the biggest boost to all my plants, definately the earthworm castings.

5. Depends what you mean by ´fert´. There are liquid and solid ferts - the solid ferts I use are horse shit and wormcasts. But they get used up - get turned into rootball. Liquid ferts supplement the solid ferts and eventually come to replace them.

6. Thanks to all of you. That's what I really wanted to know and hear. Pomgirl64, thanks. The FFOF is supposed to contain castings, but I doubt it would hurt to get some more. Cantharis, manure is a great idea, and I can get bull manure around here really cheap. I can even check for horse manure free I'm sure. Yunggrasshopa, Thanks for the input regarding the Fox Farm products. I've seen a lot of that as well, and will probably go with them, but will look up biocanna as well since Cantharis recommends it. And an additional thanks to Cantharis for listing something I had to research. Comfrey. If anyone else here doesn't know what it is, look it up. Very interesting.

7. Read my link below on Russian comfrey. A couple of organic growers beside me are trying it this year.