Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I want weed back, almost...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by northernwidow, Jun 28, 2006.

1. About 2 months ago my mom caught me. She had no idea i smoked and never even was suspicious about it. She was just cleaning my room and she found a lighter and an empty bag under a peice of furniture. Now let me tell you my situatuion with my mom. She has done evrything she can for me and i have to say i respect and lover her more than anyone. She is very protective of me, and also gives me almost anything i want: a car, new surfboard, paintball gear, clothes, basically anything. My mom and dad combined make a very large salary, and i live very comfortably, not bragging, just giving some info. My mom and i have a close relationship and she has always been there for me. When she caught me, my whole life changed. What she did was, took me for a drive and asked me about it, i told her i enjoy it RESPONSIBLY and have never tried any other drugs, I DONT EVEN DRINK. She started getting really upset, not angry, but dissapointed. She told me she felt liek a failure, like it was her fault, she said she hadnt been able to eat that day when she found out. And if you knew her you would beleive what im saying. I tried to convinve her that it's not as bad as it is made out to be, but she just cried and kept telling me how bad she felt. Loving my mom, and caring about her, i finnally broke down. I got out of the car, threw my custom 100 dollar spoon, an eighth of headies and some rolling papers into the woods. I told her i would never do it again, and shes right. In a way she was right, i did not realize how much i hurt her or it owuld hurt other people if they found out. I was upset, and angry at myself, i promised myself to never smoke again. And for the next week it took alot of talking to my mom for her to trust me and feel teh same about me again.

Now, it is a couple months kater, i am toke free, and in a way proud of myself. The only thing is, i dont know if i should be proud of myself. I loved toking, i wanst a "stoner", and nothing in my life changed negatively when i smoked, in fact i slept better, and my chronic migraines virtually went away. After these 2 monthsmy life has become very different, I drink alot, i sleep like 4-5 hours a night(im never tired) and i started smoking cigars and ciggarettes. My momd oesnt care about the drinking much, as my brother drank all through high school and college and she knows im smart enough to be careful. Every morning i wake up i want a toke, but i stop myself from buying a bag. I want to smoke again, but if my mom found out again i dont know what i would have to do with myself.

So... Should I
    ---Talk to my mom about how, if enjoyed responsibly, smoking is less harmful than other alternatives
    ---SMoke behind her back and hope she doesnt find out
    ---Not smoke

Your SERIOUS feedback would be appreciated, no smartass, or "Just Move Out" crap, i cant afford to move out and don't want too yet either, I like my house, and have about 600 dollars right now.

Thanks for your help

2. yeah its not good in your situation for her to catch you smoking i mean you could try and toke behind her back but i mean you'll have to be very careful and eventually over time the carefullness gets more sloppy if you don't notice it i say toke but do it when they are asleep or when your out with your buddys or somthing. your gona need to go to cvs or you local pharmacy and pick up a jumbo visine or clear eyes so you can play it stright if you have to come home or smothing and your blazed. axe too

3. Talk to your mom, that is what I would suggest.

4. this is gonna sound terrible and make me look like an ass, but if your mom broke down and couldnt even eat when you got caught, i personally would not try to come to terms with her about it. i would smoke behind her back, go ahead flame it, i know i sound like a jackass.

5. im in youer EXCACT situation..but my mom hates marijuana..so i just said fuck it and smoke behind her back..but i do it descretly..just dont be rutheless about it..

6. Talk to them about. Prove to them you can smoke responsibly and show them that marijuana is virtually harmless. But shit...if they can't understand with all the evidence stacked against them...smoke behind their back.

7. I think what it's important to do in your situation is not rush into anything, because it was the shock of finding out that you smoked that upset your mom so much. I think you should talk to her like she talked to you (hopefully control yourself a little more) and get some reputable research about how much better it was for your body when you indulged in cannabis, rather than alchohol and tobacco, and that there were no negative changes that happened in your life. What she needs to realize on your part is that you smoking marijuana is not anything she can control (and could have nothing to do with a failure on her part) it's just an informed decision you made about how you wanted to relax just like thousands of americans do everyrday with a beer or cigarette etc.
    I hope this helped you and best of luck!

8. You're gonna meet a lot of people who have the same sort of attitude your mom has. In my oppinion, there really isn't anything you can do to get her to see it as the harmless plant that it is. She believes the propoganda the government has put forth and you're gonna have a pretty hard time convincing her otherwise. If i were in you're shoes, I would never have stopped in the first place..show your mom that a marijuana smoker can be a productive and healthy member of society. Don't just forget about it once someone disagrees. Prove her wrong, try your hardest in everything..prove to her that everything she has heard is wrong. Tell her how it helps with your migraines and your sleeping. Make all the reasons you love marijuana known to your mom, eventually she will realize its not doing anything negative to you and hopefully will get off your case for good.

9. It’s going be way worse if she finds your smoking behind her back. And most likely she will find out. It will look like your "addicted" and that you need "help" to her. Especially if she trusts you like you made it sound she did. You might get away with it for a wile. You might get away with it for a long time. Eventually she's going to find out. Try to talk to her about it. You should show her this book:
    http://spacecadetz.com/2006/05/22/interview-ricardo-cortes-of-its-just-a-plant/
    Have her read that interview also. print it out and sit down with her and talk about it.

10. I had/ still have the same thing going on. I smoked and got caught and now dont want to do it behind their backs, I am in the exact same boat as you. I smoke behind their backs. Just keep it so on the DL that only you and your very close friends know, hopefully youre in college and you can get away from your rents by the end of the summer. Just dont smoke till college and you will be 100% safe unless you get arrested. Just dont be a jackass and get pulled over.

11. if your over 18 say "its my choice, it helps me" and then they will probably reason with you.

12. I was in the same position, except my family is poor, and yet they spend every last drop on us kids. I too see it, and realise it.

Your mom obviously doesnt know the story behind marijuana prohibition. The best way to learn her is to probably sit down and tell her.

Just explain to her that the reason its seen as 'bad' and 'evil' is because of some powerful guys in the 1930's. Tell her that when you vote, a big thing you're looking at is candidates who are pro-cannabis. Tell her that the main reason marijuana is illegal is becuase of fake newspaper articles about mexicans who kill all their family and black guys who kidnap white girls.

Then tell her that the harms are overstated by people who have no interest in science. Tell her that the American health administration called it the most therapudiclly active substance in the world. And how 11 states have now decriminalized and I think even more have medical programs.

13. jus tell her "i kept my promise, i havent smoked since..but heres whats changed since i STOPPED-"....then list the bad sleeping, migraines, drinking, smoking etc and ask her how she'd feel if you got liver failure or lung cancer, tell her that marijuana is relatively harmless to body & mind and if you use it responsibly then it would have virtually no effect other than to chill you out and help you relax and sleep etc. make her understand it IS NOT her fault and that you chose it for yourself, also say that she doesnt have to agree with it, but just agree that it is your choice, belief and option in life. ask her to agree to disagree or even just to give it a try and see how much worse/better things get..i assure you this should work..my mother doesnt approve or disapprove..just talks to me about it occasionally and leaves me to my life. she trusts me. tell your mom that if she truly trusts you then she would allow you to explain..
    though theres always people whos mind has already been made up with previous experince with drugs (be that personal or family or friends' experiences) much like my dad, but one night i was really drunk and told him i was sorry for being a loser yada yada (was crying like a baby at this point) and he told me that he wasnt disappointed in me and that he loved me because im his son.
    thats my opinion...:) good luck friend

14. i am in the same situation you are (except I don't have a car, skateboard, or any fancy high-tech gadget other than a comp which i need for school). My parents are very conservative, anti-drug, but I love them. But I also love weed too. I don't want to have to choose between my parents and my weed, I love both, so I do everything my parents want me to do and I'm successful, but on the other hand, I have my weed (i don't drink or smoke cigs), all my buddies smoke and I love getting fucking high at a party.

The moral of the story is that I blaze behind my parent's back and that's just how it is. If I get caught again, I'm fucked!

15. The fact that she would let you drink and not smoke is just..... Blah

How can she justify making you feel so bad, and forcing you to stop what you enjoy doing, yet, she doesn't mind if you damage your liver, with a more harmful, and addicting drug.

I say you talk to her, present the facts, explain to her, what your doing is wrong, and you are ignorant to the subject.

16. you obviously are good at hiding it because she never knew till that one day. so just be really good at hiding it again brother.

17. You could show her the movie 'Grass' i'd highly reccomend that if she has any doubts about what you tell her about mj

18. another vote for "behind her back"

you know, be sensible, don't slip up

her response will only be worse if you try to breach the subject on your own; you already committed to a promise (which, imho, is stupid because it basically says "you're right"). so you either reneg on a promise (very bad) or sneak it (potentially very bad).

either that or you gtfo of that place and burn

19. Dude, you/your mom's relationship sounds EXACTLY, I mean EXACTLY like me and my mom's relationship except she doesn't know I smoke green, but as a common respect, she'd be VERY, VERY disappointed along with my dad, who'd prolly snap on me and go crazy, cutting off my funds to college and everything else that goes along with that. In your situation, you already told your mom you weren't gonna smoke anymore, which is your choice, but I don't think you should go behind your parents back and smoke, because if they catch you doing it again, you're SCREWED and you'll lose all of their trust. If you're gonna smoke, be extremely, extremely discreet, or just not smoke at all. Simple as that I guess..