I want to write a novel

Discussion in 'General' started by Prince_RIP, Apr 17, 2010.

1. #1 Prince_RIP, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    When I was younger I used to love reading and writing and I would always come up with really creative stories. I started to look at reading and writing as a geeky thing and quit. A couple months ago or so a guy that posts on another forum I post on got published and it got me thinking I should start writing again. I talked to an old friend of mine and we kinda came up with an idea for a book. I slowly but surely started working on my novel.

I've been thinking though and it's just...not my style. When I was younger and would write, it was science fiction type stuff. What i've been writing is dan brown-esque. When you are writing a novel you can write about ANYTHING, why limit yourself to something that falls within the realm of reality. So I started brainstorming ideas for a science fiction type novel. I think I came up with a really awesome idea and i'm SUPER excited about this one, unlike the other one. I'm so excited that i'd love to hear some feedback from people, and since I don't really have anyone to talk about it with in real life I figured i'd post about it online and see what people thought. I'm just gonna post the notes that I have, if you have any questions ask and if you guys want I can update you when I think of new things. Anyways, here's my notes.

in reality, our souls are moved into a new body every time we go to sleep and the body is replaced with a new soul as we sleep. Generally, we are not aware of this transition, but rather as the soul enters the new body it is given the brain and everything that that includes of the person it’s entering. However, the main character becomes aware of the transition. And every time he sleeps he wakes up as a new person.

The reason the soul goes body to a different body every night is so that it can experience all different experiences and grow and mature.

The reason he starts remembering is that he is becoming enlightened. The day before he woke up as a different body he had some sort of revelation. This was his soul, not him, and it was because his soul was becoming enlightened. As someone becoming enlightened, you have to go through the process of being aware of the changes in order to fully become enlightened and live simply as your soul in a place similar to heaven.

2. When I read the first sentance of your notes I thought it sounded pretty stupid, but this is actually a really unique and intriguing concept. Best of luck with it, it is no small task.

And please don't aspire to write like dan brown. I only read part of the da vinci code, but his writing style seemed really condescending and irritating.